SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

Holler & Dash signage installed today. Not much work has been done at the Sedgefield duplexes in the last two weeks, when they removed the windows. They do have masonry facade examples propped up on the construction fencing though.

b680c4187aebfc1956fb8eaebc6390fd.jpg&key=60d2ae190d0419b8c1a2e767d650ddf62712b4e309708b4652c8cb41de68f340

a013655cbc73da8c860cd467c5ebb611.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

5 hours ago, uptownliving said:

Anyone know what is going on with the Common Market site on Tremont? It was supposed to have opened a good 6 months ago but I haven't seen any activity there. Hope all is well.

I believe they've already come out with another estimated opening, Observer article I found said May, that they'll probably miss by a mile. 

Fencing has gone up around 307 W Tremont.  It looks like this will be the next building to get its makeover in the design district.  The only rendering I could find of this one is the rendering posted on the Charlotte Agenda.   No idea if this is a full tear down or a major renovation.

307.jpg

307-tremont-rendering.jpg.b82be70d17b5785ce6d388689a0057c4.jpg

Edited by QCT1401
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, QCT1401 said:

Fencing has gone up around 307 W Tremont.  It looks like this will be the next building to get its makeover in the design district.  The only rendering I could find of this one is the rendering posted on the Charlotte Agenda.   No idea if this is a full tear down or a major renovation.

307.jpg

307-tremont-rendering.jpg.b82be70d17b5785ce6d388689a0057c4.jpg

Major Renovation. image.thumb.png.8d69eeac7d0f1c15a686c91f4366ee0e.pngimage.thumb.png.bd5292b28a0c0f54f14dd11e879095db.pngimage.thumb.png.5a48b8c23e30513d02e31f6a63f2236c.png

image.thumb.png.37e79e85de4e64b3c5acd4e86f61d56f.png

4 minutes ago, AP3 said:

Tremont Square Townhomes were recently approved.  Just west of S Tryon.

tremont2.PNG

tremont1.PNG

don't remind me, the names of the streets were the most Charlotte f.u.c.k.i.n.g way to commemorate Tremont music hall. Devastating. 

Just now, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

don't remind me, the names of the streets were the most Charlotte f.u.c.k.i.n.g way to commemorate Tremont music hall. Devastating. 

I know.  It would be cool if a new music venue would go into the remaining space of the Old Amos' - I heard Elevation Church is going in there. :tw_expressionless:

• Sad 2

13 minutes ago, AP3 said:

I know.  It would be cool if a new music venue would go into the remaining space of the Old Amos' - I heard Elevation Church is going in there. :tw_expressionless:

Remaining??? Gin Mill took all of it, I'm pretty sure. And I can't imagine Elevation Church would be happy in such a small space. I could see them renting out blumenthal on sundays before I could see them taking a place at Amos.

39 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Remaining??? Gin Mill took all of it, I'm pretty sure. And I can't imagine Elevation Church would be happy in such a small space. I could see them renting out blumenthal on sundays before I could see them taking a place at Amos.

They only took the front portion, the area behind the stage that fronts Tryon.  The huge space with the mezzanine behind Gin Mill ins't being used by them.  I've been a few times in the last few weeks.  This pic posted on Skyscraper City shows the old white portion and the sandblasted brick (which is Gin Mill).

3-6-2018 4-06-40 PM.png

Edited by AP3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

^^^ Is there sewer capacity for these new townhomes on West Tremont?  I thought that that was the affected area with the sewer problems.  anyone know?  I would say 3 toilets per min. per townhome plus sinks etc. 

No its not. However there was a townhouse project directly accross the street who's rezoning was withdrawn based on capacity concerns

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Who needs an entire music hall when you can live on Lyric Lane?

11 minutes ago, Tyrone Wiggum said:

So we've spent a couple of pages now talking about a one story and three story building.  Never understood why this is a "midrise" thread considering there isn't a single mid rise building in South End that doesn't have pink glass, but when in Rome I guess.

I agree that the title is a bit misleading, as the content has steered away from the original intent. It was for the better because we needed a thread for miscellaneous SE projects. Nonetheless, we should rename the thread to simply “South End Projects”. Pretty much everything in SE with significant height has their own threads anyway (e.g., Railyard, Dimensional).

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Tyrone Wiggum said:

So we've spent a couple of pages now talking about a one story and three story building.  Never understood why this is a "midrise" thread considering there isn't a single mid rise building in South End that doesn't have pink glass, but when in Rome I guess.

Its a legacy from 2008 back when actual midrises were actually being proposed for Southend, and in one case (the Ashton) built. See the first post in the thread (about the Simpson lighting site).

We had discussed changing the thread title many years ago but I think the mods were being optimistic and stuck with the original intent. Honestly DFA, the Railyard and the Design Center may have brought us full circle.

From the back in the day machine:

image.png.be56c507b858fb876bace514b9b86286.png

Edited by kermit

Its a legacy from 2008 back when actual midrises were actually being proposed for Southend, and in one case (the Ashton) built. See the first post in the thread (about the Simpson lighting site).
We had discussed changing the thread title many years ago but I think the mods were being optimistic and stuck with the original intent. Honestly DFA, the Railyard and the Design Center may have brought us full circle.
From the back in the day machine:
image.png.be56c507b858fb876bace514b9b86286.png

I see this as a thread to discuss possible developments until they are fully fleshed out enough to warrant their own threads. The building in question that is one floor was demolished for one of the mid-rises (Railyard), which is why it was brought up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk