SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

Not 100% sure this is the appropriate thread, but does anyone know if there has been any interest in this string of properties along Morehead?  I drove past them this weekend, and can't help but think of how awesome this strip could be if it became shops and bars.  It could be quite the destination for Panthers home games if executed well.   They definitely need a good amount of work put into them.

Morehead.JPG

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, QCT1401 said:

Not 100% sure this is the appropriate thread, but does anyone know if there has been any interest in this string of properties along Morehead?  I drove past them this weekend, and can't help but think of how awesome this strip could be if it became shops and bars.  It could be quite the destination for Panthers home games if executed well.   They definitely need a good amount of work put into them.

Morehead.JPG

Half of it is part of a redevelopment project by Whiteside Industrial, who has done quit a bit of adaptive reuse in Southend, and the "Gold District." I don't see any of it listed anywhere at this time, so perhaps theres been some action on the leasing end. I was told there had been a good amount of interest, so hopefully some of them will see some movement in the short term.

image.thumb.png.252295a6edd5d9481f852f5262049aa0.png

future-morehead-and-mint-development.jpg

^^^ Wow what kind of business was that?  

Drink and paint. Basically. Art classes with wine. This is an asana property, so I’m sure it’ll be a trendy fast casual restaurant or trendy offshoot of some regionally famous fine dining restaurant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Studio Cellar - never been there but i thought they were popular and added something interesting the to area.  They last posted to Instagram just a couple days ago.  

That building has  so much  character and potential.  I think there are two salons, a bible store, UPS store that always seems busy and a something lame like an architect taking up space. 

• Like 2

Camden's rental townhomes today.  when you are coming down 277 today to see all this construction that did not exist a couple of years ago, it is almost unbelievable how much this area has changed. Stonewall St was a dead zone and the spot where these rental townhomes are was an off ramp. 

IMG_6482.JPG

IMG_6488.JPG

• Like 4

Paper Skyscraper should know. That is where I saw them. Jim Gross took a lot of grief for the color of the glass and his response was that the palette of colors for such building use was quite limited and construction timelines also limited choices and this worked best, in his mind, as a not-office-building choice. This is why I asked a page or two ago about colors for glass curtain walls which Toz kindly answered. I saw no Desert Rose (ish) color in that offering he provided.