atlrvr

SouthEnd Midrise Projects

21 minutes ago, archiham04 said:

on the subject of booming.... I have been working along the Rail Trail since 2007: before it was officially the rail trail (near Camden and Tremont).  It has always been a cool spot, and foot traffic has been steadily increasing, especially 5-7pm... but this spring feels A LOT different.  With restaurants and retail gaining a footing, exercise spots opening in any half renovated space, and apartment buildings on every corner: the Rail Trail is SLAMMED.  SouthEnd is not just booming, it is bustling!  It has an energy unlike anything I've seen in Charlotte.  Kind of like Uptown at lunch, but sunnier.

...and more spandex.

Yeah, what's the deal with all the workout enthusiasts?

• Like 1

Next someone is getting Ice Cream at Mr. Ks, a burrito at Chipotle or seeing some skin at Leather & Lace, could someone get a Atherton update shot?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Next someone is getting Ice Cream at Mr. Ks, a burrito at Chipotle or seeing some skin at Leather & Lace, could someone get a Atherton update shot?

I tried to drive by yesterday but South Blvd northbound was one lane and backed up  and I had to turn around at Publix so I missed it.  

• Like 1

I wonder who the lucky tenants will be at New Bern station that get to look directly at some transformers. Or will these particular lines get buried?

F2762AA7-7E29-479F-AF72-6C7E70AAAB8E.jpeg

• Haha 1

On 4/13/2018 at 3:31 PM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Look at the New Bern station pics, now imagine the top 3 floors not completed yet....and, there you go, Atherton update.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, hambone931 said:

I wonder who the lucky tenants will be at New Bern station that get to look directly at some transformers. Or will these particular lines get buried?

F2762AA7-7E29-479F-AF72-6C7E70AAAB8E.jpeg

Well within peeing distance.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

4.  another tower going up

What am I missing about this pic? What tower are we talking about here?

3 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

IMG_8264.JPG

18 hours ago, KJHburg said:

love me some Macs Speedshop

IMG_8265.JPG

We finally have enough intel to triangulate codename: KJHburg's location. Move in, boys. We got him!

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Hunted said:

We finally have enough intel to triangulate codename: KJHburg's location. Move in, boys. We got him!

Just remember there are 4 metro locations and I have been seen at all of them.

First time at this one in quite some time. I have found if you don't drive down South Blvd regularly it changes so much.   I do agree with others on here Camden will be the real shopping street as the traffic is not as heavy and it seems to be developing that way.  South Blvd is so busy and I remember thinking that Lowes might have it tough there but now there are thousands of apartments nearby to help support it not to mention all the new infill houses being built all around.  The new development duplexes and condos behind Macs has finally started. I much as a like Macs I don't think I would want to live that close. 

• Like 1

Interesting about Wells branch possibly maybe they want to consolidate into their office at South and New Bern.  They are closing some branches around town to pare their network.  

• Like 1

For many years, from Stonewall to Ideal Way on South Boulevard, that branch was the only drive-in facility of any kind. The Eckerd/RiteAid at South and East then added its presence. Drive-ins are a suburban design and if the bank disappears I hope some more intensive use follows. 

Edited by tarhoosier
  • Like 1