SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

I love SouthEnd. 

Clearsky has has a new album of aerial photos of NoDa. It is soooo underwhelming compared to SouthEnd. It might as well be Montfort or Queens & Queens, East Blvd. Or Selwyn... 

i say that only because SouthEnd gets so much flack and I think it’s our best asset. It’s also very, very lively. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Scribe said:

I searched the forum for "Zepsa" and came up with nothing...

This is a 2 phase project

• Phase 1: renovate existing building for Restaurant + Showroom
  • Phase 2: 20k sqft of mixed use with Restaurants, Office, and Condos in a 3 story building.
    • courtyard between Phase 1 and Phase 2 buildings
  • Site address: 4516 Nations Crossing Rd, Charlotte, NC 28217
  • Right between the Scaleybark and Woodlawn stations
  • A block away from Sugar Creek Brewing and OMB

Some renderings...

image.png.f88e051cfade500312a74a4fed5d67a1.png

image.png.13e281f80c0ba8f590b1ddcc97d64ed3.png

site plan is available here: http://ww.charmeck.org/Planning/Rezoning/2017/191-206/2017-204 site plan 2nd rev.pdf

bizarre, but great to see development bleeding down that far.

13 minutes ago, kermit said:

7B293811-83EC-468E-94A3-C61DBA1E9402.jpeg

I think that all is left on DFA is the "hat" so this might be a week from topping out. Can't think of the proper architectural term at this time, I'll repost when I think of it.

Edited by Guest

^^ and under contract in 44 days list price $319,000

from MLS description not quite what I may have done but I guess it worked LOL

HOT LOCATION? AWESOMENESS? CHECK, CHECK. This one sure beats your mom’s basement! Discover the remarkable lifestyle that awaits in this contemporary corner unit. 10-foot ceilings, modern clean lines seamlessly merge with large format windows.  Easily walkable to all S.End liveliness or catch the Lynx to Uptown/NODA/University area. YES, I CAN SEE US TOGETHER. We encourage you to become a part of this constantly expanding community.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, QCT1401 said:

Not sure where to put this, or if anyone else on this board cares about this issue, but here is a look at some of the renovations going on at 1225 S Church apartments in Southend.  This building was build in 2009 and has been undergoing renovations for about the past year.  It looks to me like there is a good deal of rot, and that they did a poor job initially sealing the exterior of the building.  I think that this is interesting due to how many of these stick built monstrosities exist in Southend and are continuing to get built.  I know a few of them have already had to get facelifts.  It will be interesting to see the state of these buildings in 10-15 years. 

Can't tell with certainty, but that looks like it could be mold or rot. It could also be adhesive remnant.

The more renovations are needed on these poorly constructed apartments the more expensive the upkeep gets. Eventually they will be sold, razed, and hopefully something better gets built in its place. I'm surprised it's happening quite this quick though. I bet in another 10 to 15 years some of the earlier, cheaper stick builts start getting redeveloped.

• Like 1

I know it's not South End, but I'd contribute to take down Circa by the ballpark for sure. Gonna need to if we're ever to expand that park. 

Edit it to add: I say "we" only as a Charlottean in spirit as I haven't lived there in 20+ years. 

Edited by Crucial_Infra
  • Like 4

Anyone have any insight on the  parking lot/abandoned building lot on the Southwest (West in real directions) corner of Morehead and Church? I live in the apartment complex overlooking the lot, and they roped it off, pulled down all the lot signage and put up "Lot Closed" signs. They do similar stuff for events, but this looks much more like its the last time.

21 hours ago, QCT1401 said:

Not sure where to put this, or if anyone else on this board cares about this issue, but here is a look at some of the renovations going on at 1225 S Church apartments in Southend.  This building was build in 2009 and has been undergoing renovations for about the past year.  It looks to me like there is a good deal of rot, and that they did a poor job initially sealing the exterior of the building.  I think that this is interesting due to how many of these stick built monstrosities exist in Southend and are continuing to get built.  I know a few of them have already had to get facelifts.  It will be interesting to see the state of these buildings in 10-15 years. 

20180509_070819.jpg

Do you happen to know if this is 1225 South Church (the West building) of 425 Wilcox (the East building)? I lived in the East building last year, which was actually completed in 2012, and by mid-2016 (right after I moved in) they had to re-do the entire exterior, which meant blocking off all tenants' access to balconies, outdoor areas, and even blocking off all natural light with a tarp for a week or two per tenant. All that just FOUR YEARS after construction! I couldn't believe how shoddily built it was and, of course, never would have moved in if I knew it would be under reconstruction the whole time I was there.

• Like 2

This is the West building, and yes the renovations have been going on for a while on this one.   I had a friend that lived here for a year and I couldn't believe the state the building was in, being so new.  The elevator was broken, the exterior doors didn't lock, the hallways had holes in the walls and stains on the carpets.  It was pretty bad.  Can't imagine its gotten too much better.