SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

25 minutes ago, pgsinger said:

The end unit is a 2,100 sq. ft. 3 bed / 2.5 bath. w/ 1 car garage. The ground floor bedroom is tiny, barely an office.  They are asking $630k... at least 3 months ago they were...it might be sold now.

And a great view of a disgusting auto body shop. 

35 minutes ago, pgsinger said:

The end unit is a 2,100 sq. ft. 3 bed / 2.5 bath. w/ 1 car garage. The ground floor bedroom is tiny, barely an office.  They are asking $630k... at least 3 months ago they were...it might be sold now.

The garage alone will pay the mortgage when the Panthers start playing across the street in 2025....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, pgsinger said:

its actually 3 bed 3.5 bath 2 car garage and a rooftop patio with another 350 sq ft....but who's counting.

• Like 2

In Charlotte for a couple days. I was reminded of how ugly the area of undeveloped parking lots around the Charlotte Cigar Club and Moonlight Diner is. So much potential, though. Driving down I-277 would be so much cooler with buildings on the South End side right there.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hunted said:

In Charlotte for a couple days. I was reminded of how ugly the area of undeveloped parking lots around the Charlotte Cigar Club and Moonlight Diner is. So much potential, though. Driving down I-277 would be so much cooler with buildings on the South End side right there.

It's pretty much the next thing. Its funny that that area hasn't filled in already. You'd think the natural progression would have been Uptown into Southend, but its been developing around Camden out, and within 277.

Just now, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

It's pretty much the next thing. Its funny that that area hasn't filled in already. You'd think the natural progression would have been Uptown into Southend, but its been developing around Camden out, and within 277.

I’m totally fine with it being barren if it means something worth the wait is to come. These spots are way too prime to settle for the typical 6-story stuff we’re seeing a lot of. Residential high rises around  20 floors would be great here. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hunted said:

I’m totally fine with it being barren if it means something worth the wait is to come. These spots are way too prime to settle for the typical 6-story stuff we’re seeing a lot of. Residential high rises around  20 floors would be great here. 

well as @atlrvr alluded to, I'd expect the next piece to get purchased and developed at a high price will be the uptown cabaret land. That should be a big project. 

1 hour ago, Hunted said:

All they are good for now is Panthers tailgate lots.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

well as @atlrvr alluded to, I'd expect the next piece to get purchased and developed at a high price will be the uptown cabaret land. That should be a big project. 

I'm sure this is a rhetorical question  since money is great, but why would they want to sell? Isn't it the only place like it in the area? Don't they do very well business-wise?

I'm sure this is a rhetorical question  since money is great, but why would they want to sell? Isn't it the only place like it in the area? Don't they do very well business-wise?

Been on the market for 4 years, for an insane amount of money. That number is becoming less egregious daily.

Like we are talking 25 million dollars. Wouldn’t that make you not want to run a titty bar anymore?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 7/13/2018 at 1:53 PM, dylansukkert said:

All they are good for now is Panthers tailgate lots.

People cherish their tailgating spots way too much. I’m a huge tailgater and I’ll be the first to remind folks that it’s only a spot that’s used for that purpose 8 times a year (sans playoff games) for a few hours. Give me a high rise building any day over a good tailgating spot. We’ll adapt.

I know that’s not so much the point of your post, but I had to throw it out there again.

• Like 2

Anyone remember when that building (Spectrum) was the Boy Scout Headquarters?

woah, thats kinda cool. I can remember going over there to drop off payments with my dad for Time Warner back almost 20 years.

It's sort of confusing that Spectrum is undergoing remo in the same area that an unrelated Spectrum is doing demo

I interviewed someone at Spectrum for an article I‘m working on and I meant to ask them how they felt when Time Warner changed it name to Spectrum. I forgot though. I’ll have to do it after the fact, will just have to figure out a new better question to answer.

7 hours ago, kermit said:

Nothing, its just earthquake damage....

I know someone working on this project, and was able to go up in the building the other day. It is a complete gut of the building, basically down to the shell. For what they are doing, it is fascinating they didn't just tear it down. Spectrum does however have a big datacenter in the building (Which is currently functioning right behind those plastic temporary walls), so that may have had something to do with the decision.

The Spectrum News had an employee working today giving her standup with some metal building  stairs in her background as she must have been in the fire escape area or something rather than studio. My wife noticed it right away.

27 minutes ago, Squid7085 said:

I know someone working on this project, and was able to go up in the building the other day. It is a complete gut of the building, basically down to the shell. For what they are doing, it is fascinating they didn't just tear it down. Spectrum does however have a big datacenter in the building (Which is currently functioning right behind those plastic temporary walls), so that may have had something to do with the decision.

Edited by tarhoosier