SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

48 minutes ago, J-Rob said:

Good work @ricky_davis_fan_21.

https://www.charlotteagenda.com/134014/south-end-development-charlotte-nc/

I was excited before about these projects, but now I am more excited.  I am particularly interested to see how the Spectrum property unfolds.

Thanks I really think @cjolley92's photo sells the article. Lot of eyeballs are going to see that pic.

6 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Thanks I really think @cjolley92's photo sells the article. Lot of eyeballs are going to see that pic.

That photo really is amazing...best one I've seen of both projects and Uptown.  Just wait until all those lots around Uptown Cabaret get developed and bridge the gap between Railyard and LU.  Skyline will look so stretched out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks ok to me.  I'm more excited about Ram's project on the corner of Hawkins and Doggett.  It's on less than half an acre and Ram had it zoned earlier this year to allow up to 13 stories.  Hopefully they'll use the lot to its fool potential. 

More renders out their now.  And now I agree the street front is acceptable.  I just so so hate the straight lines and boringness of these boxes.  Nothing is worse than Atherton Mill though.  I pray every night Crescent goes out of business. 

Edited by navigator319
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, dylansukkert said:

How long will it take for that retail to get filled? I live in Solis Southline and I am still waiting for them to put a nice neighborhood bar in there.

I am honestly shocked that space is still sitting, yet New Bern Station is filling leases before it is even done with construction. 

Curious if any of our more connected members know more about the future plans for 2116 Hawkins St, other than it being part of the Asana Partners collection of properties in the Design District? I went by yesterday and almost all the tenants are out, and the inside is in various stages of gutting and reframing. 

I love love love this building, and see huge potential.

44691CAF-494A-4F3E-9B1F-E1223160571B.thumb.jpeg.16fb682248a7a1b74e35b45db6cab2bb.jpeg

A9333410-CAF3-40F0-9D6D-C84BC19774B6.thumb.jpeg.cafdc58530e0c6fc499e755f75ac6561.jpeg

30DCBDE5-0F37-4D3A-A4BF-BD297FCDAD50.thumb.jpeg.6760f9c229a866d560e5af32e114fba2.jpeg

• Like 3

On 7/27/2018 at 2:30 PM, KJHburg said:

Drive bys in SouthEnd today. 1. Holiday Inn Express on S Tryon   2. new apartments on West Tremont near S Tryon 3.  Asana redid this building.  4. New apartments just announced yesterday at Dunavant and Hawkins. 5. New townhomes near King of Pops on Dunawant  6. New townhomes on Remount Rd. 

IMG_1914.JPG

I may or may not have walked through the townhomes next to king of pops and it has to be the least efficient design I have ever seen They are 1100-1200 sq ft but feel smaller than an 800 ft condo I once had. The stair design eats up so much space and the 2nd "bedroom" is a joke.  They had a really attractive price point but they are 1 bedroom units with a 1 car garage. Makes that 300k price not look so good. The Helix and Southpoint smaller units are so much better from a layout perspective. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JorgiPorgi said:

Kind of over this Cloudy/stormy weather. 

2069DEF1-2F57-429A-9D29-B5D55C451456.jpeg

This project is great for so many reasons (including the excellent overall design).  I'm just considering how I would feel working in that building.  The design, views, convenience to all things Southend and Uptown, light rail/rail trail, retail (even parking that is connected to the building).  The business that will occupy this knocked it out of the park.  People are going to want to work in that building at this location.

15 minutes ago, JBS said:

This project is great for so many reasons (including the excellent overall design).  I'm just considering how I would feel working in that building.  The design, views, convenience to all things Southend and Uptown, light rail/rail trail, retail (even parking that is connected to the building).  The business that will occupy this knocked it out of the park.  People are going to want to work in that building at this location.

The $150,000 average salary for their Charlotte workers sounds pretty nice too.

• Like 1