SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

12 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Prices is owner occupied, if it goes somewhere it’s because Stephen Price decided not to do business anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope that's the case and the owner's weren't pushed out.   I've always liked Pikes  and regardless of whether you enjoy the food, it adds character to the neighborhood.  Shake shack is a dime a dozen.   We get lots of flak as a city for not having an identity and this is why. 

• Like 3

I think yall are missing out on something important with this Shake Shack thing. The type of millennial that lives in South End is the same type that loves basic,overhyped chains and trends, SS will do great there and most wont care about any long-standing businesses  at all since they just moved into the 704 in the last few months.

Edited by Trickbot
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

47 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

Would think one of the retail spots at Dimensional is much better spot for Shake Shack.

That or the Jewel box at Ally Center. Shake Shack likes to either build its own or occupy new these days, not renovate 1926 buildings.  That said, I don't ever trust cable news, so who knows whats going on.

Edited by Guest

Aren't there more restaurant spaces opening up at the Design Center that could potentially be taken by Shake Shack?  I know Barcelona is taking one space, but I thought that they added a retail space in the back at the corner of Tremont and Hawkins, and another retail spot would open up along Camden opposite the courtyard from Jenni's.  Any news on what is taking those spots?

19 minutes ago, CTiger said:

Aren't there more restaurant spaces opening up at the Design Center that could potentially be taken by Shake Shack?  I know Barcelona is taking one space, but I thought that they added a retail space in the back at the corner of Tremont and Hawkins, and another retail spot would open up along Camden opposite the courtyard from Jenni's.  Any news on what is taking those spots?

Tremont & Hawkins is a sporting goods showroom of some sort. Office Space. https://www.badgersport.com/ Note, these are definitely not up to date.

image.thumb.png.6034e9b971efd4f56b08049e6deb5d84.png

1583943055_ScreenShot2018-08-29at11_28_26AM.thumb.png.e1c9132f046ca93d8e4ec6c83a36b3bc.png

2 hours ago, Nick2 said:

I have some experience being a millennial and being around them a little bit and I wholeheartedly disagree. Shake shack will do great here because it's a generally popular chain and it's in a great location not because millennials hate local. Millennials love local. Ever been to noda? It's not baby boomers running the unique local businesses or being patrons there. 

Millennials love trendiness. And local is trendy.

Yea I was confused by that comment as well. I'm a pretty typical millennial and I. do. not. eat. at. chains.

On 8/28/2018 at 8:13 AM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Prices is owner occupied, if it goes somewhere it’s because Stephen Price decided not to do business anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hot take:  love the vibe of Price's...the chicken is meh.  I prefer Bojangles (though I shouldn't be eating fried chicken at my age).

I don't think Shake Shack is overrated, went to one in DC and it was easily one of the best shakes I've ever had. Another not on my most recent visit to DC, Charlotte could use some genuine Chicago style pizza places, chain or otherwise. I like NY style, but Chicago is great too, it would be nice to have some variety.

9 hours ago, JBS said:

Hot take:  love the vibe of Price's...the chicken is meh.  I prefer Bojangles (though I shouldn't be eating fried chicken at my age).

I would have downvoted for the lack of love of Prices, but the anecdote took this post home.

I heard from a reliable source that Texas-based burger spot “Hop-Doddy” is opening at the new apt complex next to the Wells Fargo (I believe it’s where the Pepsi plant was. Can’t remember the name.  Hop-Doddy is extremely popular in Austin and Dallas.  This place is going to kill it! 

Edited by Temeteron
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Temeteron said:

I heard from a reliable source that Texas-based burger spot “Hop-Doddy” is opening at the new apt complex next to the Wells Fargo (I believe it’s where the Pepsi plant was. Can’t remember the name.  Hop-Doddy is extremely popular in Austin and Dallas.  This place is going to kill it! 

Hop Daddy is great and very popular in TX

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Temeteron said:

Though I wonder how many burger chains we need (aside from In-N-Out which we definitely need), the ahi tuna burger looks awesome...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Temeteron said:

fell thru

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

Hop Daddy is great and very popular in TX

They were in Phoenix too.  I thought they were severely overrated.  The price was about $1 less than a really amazing burger at any number of other places.  Or $3 more than a pretty comparable burger at other chains.  But it did very well, so I must be in the minority.