SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

1 hour ago, Hunted said:

I wasn't criticizing the entire establishment -- just the sandwich. I don't care how sentimental it is to you... it's a stupid chicken sandwich. I really don't see how anyone could defend fried chicken on a bun.

We aren't defending it. Point is, you shouldn't have expected Chick Fil A from prices. This is just not what you order for your first experience from a icon. 

11 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

We aren't defending it. Point is, you shouldn't have expected Chick Fil A from prices. This is just not what you order for your first experience from a icon. 

I wouldn't order it for my 1,000,000th experience. Y'all are letting something that is near and dear to your heart blind you from the fact that it's the most nonsensical food item ever created.

@jtmonk, why on Earth would I research the way their sandwiches are made? Sandwiches are pretty universal... except for Price's.

I'm not pissed or anything. I honestly think it's comical how ridiculous it is. I didn't go in there and demand a refund or anything like that. But y'all are definitely defending something stupid here.

9 minutes ago, Hunted said:

I wouldn't order it for my 1,000,000th experience. Y'all are letting something that is near and dear to your heart blind you from the fact that it's the most nonsensical food item ever created.

@jtmonk, why on Earth would I research the way their sandwiches are made? Sandwiches are pretty universal... except for Price's.

I'm not pissed or anything. I honestly think it's comical how ridiculous it is. I didn't go in there and demand a refund or anything like that. But y'all are definitely defending something stupid here.

oh no, not defending the sandwich haha. though I bet deconstructing it and having all that deliciously pulled off the bone fried chicken would be awesome on two pieces of bread.

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

oh no, not defending the sandwich haha. though I bet deconstructing it and having all that deliciously pulled off the bone fried chicken would be awesome on two pieces of bread.

That's my point. They should have done that for me. I could have choked and died, ya know?!

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Hunted said:

I wasn't criticizing the entire establishment -- just the sandwich. I don't care how sentimental it is to you... it's a stupid chicken sandwich. I really don't see how anyone could defend fried chicken on a bun.

It's hilarious, I don't know why they offer it, but I love that it's a thing. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Hunted said:

I have had Price's maybe all if three times. It's not something I think about often, but it's really not such a crazy sandwich that it should be deemed inedible. I'm sure there are weirder things out there. I'm not getting in line for those eggs with the birds still in them, but some people like them. It is what it is.

3 hours ago, Hunted said:

I was similarly underwhelmed by Price's (though I loved the vibe and history).  We should've gone to the gas station on South/East Boulevards...I hear it's the best fried chicken this side of a church basement.

On 9/25/2018 at 11:44 AM, Hunted said:

I know this isn’t development-related, but it’s relevant to South End.

So, I’ve heard the acclaim of the highly regarded Price’s Chicken Coop. Having never been there, I decided to try it while cycling in South End this past weekend. I didn’t care to spend too much time eating, nor did I want to get my hands too greasy since I was on the go, so I ordered the “chicken sandwich.” I suppose I didn’t really know what to expect from such a vague menu item. What exactly is a “chicken sandwich”? Was this surprise item going to be a piece of grilled chicken? Chicken salad? Shredded chicken? Surely anything other than two pieces of fried chicken between two buns.

Seriously, what... the... f@<& is this?! This has GOT to be a joke, right?

67918BB6-D271-43F7-A7E2-B49571CDE49B.jpeg

I had the same experience my first time there when moving here. I said "Okay, I get it" and ate the chicken normally. Unpopular opinion, I didn't think it was all the special. I haven't been back since. The shell station down the street has better chicken...

• Like 2

Continuing off topic here but if you want the best fried chicken money can buy, you all should make the trek to Hathaway's in Monroe.  Best... fried... chicken... breasts...ever!!! Also they have killer biscuits, delicious tater  wedges, and awesome coleslaw.  If anyone does decide to make the trek, do not get anything other than the four menu items listed above.  If you go down there, veer off course,  and decide to get something like chicken tenders you will be wasting your time.  Consider yourselves forewarned.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cltbwimob said:

Continuing off topic here but if you want the best fried chicken money can buy, you all should make the trek to Hathaway's in Monroe.  Best... fried... chicken... breasts...ever!!! Also they have killer biscuits, delicious tater  wedges, and awesome coleslaw.  If anyone does decide to make the trek, do not get anything other than the four menu items listed above.  If you go down there, veer off course,  and decide to get something like chicken tenders you will be wasting your time.  Consider yourselves forewarned.

Last off topic post from me...when in Monroe, check out Duke's for awesome burgers and shakes!  Great place.

• Like 2

So About those Southend Midrise Projects..

BTW my grandmother had the best fried Chicken in the Southeast. Fried that stuff in a cast iron frying pan(which was also used as a weapon on occasion).  Yall don't know real fried chicken, If yall think that Gas station on East Blvd has the best fried Chicken you've ever had. 

Now back to topic..

Edited by JorgiPorgi
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ChessieCat said:

Correction: Damm that's a lot of brewpubs for one neighborhood.  

I wonder if they'll follow Hoppins' self-serve concept?

It's going to be similar to Raleigh Beer Garden, same owner..

https://www.charlotteagenda.com/102493/owner-raleigh-beer-garden-plans-break-beer-tap-record-charlotte-new-south-end-taproom/

4 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

Correction: Damm that's a lot of brewpubs for one neighborhood.  

I wonder if they'll follow Hoppins' self-serve concept?

Nah. Not a self serve concept. Their MO is to provide world record amount of taps wherever they open. Thats their schtick. This is going to have like 350 beers on tap. It will also have an incredible amount of open spaces to hang out in. 

29740788_232968697278573_739262170558103552_n.jpg

Edited by Guest