SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

Now recalling, the stairways were interior and black dark plus filled with debris and construction material. It was a braille climb. My stop on every several floors was as much to find light again as for breath. Not recommended. At that time I had no phone, not that it would have been of much use.

• Like 1

Just now, dylansukkert said:

How can those already have retail tenants lined up but where I live in Solis Southline the retail still sits empty!?

because Charles Thrift is a hustler, and good at his job. 

Solis is being repped by Pappas.

9 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Miscellaneous South End photos from earlier today.  

1. more of Sedgefield shopping center coming down today.  2. New townhomes along Dunnavant 3. new apartments and retail at Dunnavant and Hawkins  4. new apartments along West Tremont where that new biscuit place is going  5.6. new apartments at Morehead and S Tryon 

IMG_9223.JPG

IMG_9225.JPG

IMG_9226.JPG

IMG_9227.JPG

IMG_9232.JPG

IMG_9233.JPG

The boring podium apartments at Morehead and Tryon are so very disappointing

3 minutes ago, lancer22 said:

The boring podium apartments at Morehead and Tryon are so very disappointing

I agree and I wish that office tower could have been built there but it was too early in the cycle.  Gives Spectrum a great view over this whole block to the uptown skyline for their project though. 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 3

Edit: Sorry about the tease, there were a bunch of student projects from the UNCC MUD program up on the walls tonight. It looked like to project was for a Charlotte Gold Museum plus office space. I couldn’t resist seeing what it would feel like if I was the guy with the rendering (I am never the guy with the rendering).  None of you guys took the bait so I promise not to do it again.

[slinks away with a twinge of guilt] 

72630BBD-CDC5-4B1D-82CD-AB5B40992D48.jpeg

Edited by kermit
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 5

15 hours ago, kermit said:

Sorry about the tease, there were a bunch of student projects from the UNCC MUD program up on the walls tonight. It looked like to project was for a Charlotte Gold Museum plus office space. I couldn’t resist seeing what it would feel like if I was the guy with the rendering (I am never the guy with the rendering).  None of you guys took the bait so I promise not to do it again.

haha, @uptownliving does this to me and @Miesian Corners + @dcharlotte + @dubone all the time. sends us UNCC Student renderings.

Edited by Guest

On 2/6/2019 at 5:52 PM, kermit said:

Edit: Sorry about the tease, there were a bunch of student projects from the UNCC MUD program up on the walls tonight. It looked like to project was for a Charlotte Gold Museum plus office space. I couldn’t resist seeing what it would feel like if I was the guy with the rendering (I am never the guy with the rendering).  None of you guys took the bait so I promise not to do it again.

You just gave @Cadi40 a heart attack.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

This finally is getting underway.  I'm a bit underwhelmed after having a decade of planning and thought, BUT its great this site and area will get activated.  Will have a major impact on the area.

The main building will have 75,000 square feet of creative office space and feature exposed mechanics, beams and brick as well as lots of glass. There also will be 15,000 square feet of first-floor retail.

The site has ample surface parking... :tw_anguished:

A second 4,200-square-foot building, including an 1,800-square-foot rooftop, will be on an outparcel.

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2019/02/12/renderings-inside-plans-for-this-creative-office.html?iana=hpmvp_clt_news_headline

1 hour ago, navigator319 said:

This finally is getting underway.  I'm a bit underwhelmed after having a decade of planning and thought, BUT its great this site and area will get activated.  Will have a major impact on the area.

The main building will have 75,000 square feet of creative office space and feature exposed mechanics, beams and brick as well as lots of glass. There also will be 15,000 square feet of first-floor retail.

A second 4,200-square-foot building, including an 1,800-square-foot rooftop, will be on an outparcel.

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2019/02/12/renderings-inside-plans-for-this-creative-office.html?iana=hpmvp_clt_news_headline

If they want to lease office space next to Brookhill be my guest

2 minutes ago, jjwilli said:

They read too much Charlotte Agenda with Ted hyping up Tremont. The name is awful. Trymont? Yikes.

I think with the amount of adaptive re-use and apartments and new construction commercial/retail on Tremont, theres a reason to be hype about it.

2 hours ago, navigator319 said:

59 minutes ago, jjwilli said:

image.thumb.png.ef024907f8e4cf13ea3d8a141f97b4cb.png

So much surface parking. Seems like a miss.

I wanted to put eyes on this lot for the thread's sake, because it took me a bit to remember existing conditions:

image.thumb.png.cfb822bd47e8044816af720ff5adb55b.png

IMO, anything that may encourage a re-use of these buildings 100 ft up Tryon from this is a good thing in my view. S Tryon deserves some good stuff.

image.thumb.png.dce7955463ce8471079d139a4c69ca4a.png

I'd be concerned of that surface parking was on the eastern side of S Tryon, but it's not.

Edited by SgtCampsalot
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I think with the amount of adaptive re-use and apartments and new construction commercial/retail on Tremont, theres a reason to be hype about it.

I agree and I wasn't trying to trash Tremont, it's just that Tryon has a lot of cache in the office game and they chose not to use it

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lancer22 said:
38 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I agree and I wasn't trying to trash Tremont, it's just that Tryon has a lot of cache in the office game and they chose not to use it

He probably was referring to my post about the Charlotte Agenda hyping the street. I don't think they are wrong either. There is a lot to be hopeful for once all the underway & proposed construction is done. Throw in the potential for a few more of the vacant / under-utilized buildings to flip (corner of Hawkins and Tremont has HUGE potential with that old building there) and the industrial companies move out (Horne Co & Doughton ) and you have one of the best mixed use blocks in the city. It's good to see it extending to the west side of S Tryon too with this office buildings and all of the townhomes being built. Brookhill won't be around forever at the pace of it being torn down.