SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

4 minutes ago, jjwilli said:

Common Square has now been re-branded as "The Square at South End".  I am sure South End pushed back on it being renamed Wilmore Square but they definitely caught wind of the name being called out as bland.

https://beacondevelopment.com/assets/cms/downloads/buildingspacebrochures/The-Square-compressed_190205_100652.pdf

image.png.b2af9e55ffdf3911a0706f6cbda12e72.png

image.thumb.png.d864a92fd10c32ce26a56647115eda7d.png

Fixed it for them. The symbol they created looks really elongated, would look way better as a cube.

34 minutes ago, lewy2000 said:

@ricky_davis_fan_21 Any renderings of the hotel/apartment building at the corner of West and Tryon? Looks like Beacon has only released the office renderings thus far.

Nah. Beacon won't be building it, they will sell the land to a developer to complete it. Just like with Rail Yard, renderings for that piece will come once a developer is announced/identified. 

UPDATE: Centro City Works (David Furman's firm development arm) is developing the left side of the lot, no renderings yet at this time.

Edited by Guest

4 minutes ago, RH29732 said:

DJI_0440.JPG

Theres a couple of adaptive reuse projects in the works directly adjacent to this property, but gosh, its hard to imagine living over there.  That said a connection over the light rail will greatly improve this area.  Still can't imagine living over here though. 

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

gosh, its hard to imagine living over there.  

I sublet in the Junction across Hawkins for a few months and the walk to East/West isn't bad - like 10 minutes.  I'm curious, what don't you like about this spot?  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EllAyyDub said:

I sublet in the Junction across Hawkins for a few months and the walk to East/West isn't bad - like 10 minutes.  I'm curious, what don't you like about this spot?  

Feels super desolate at night. Wouldn't want to walk around by myself. But I'm used to all the hustle and bustle and visual clutter of Brooklyn. 

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, kermit said:

^awww gezzus. I was really liking everything they did to the building until now

heh. I've been expecting it, they submitted the building white with Green accents. ala Reids. 

5 hours ago, abttown said:

Oh wow.  Looks like Flowerchild belongs on a cliff side on Santorini!  Now if we could only get the former Greek Isles restaurant to open here, I'd be very happy.

Yaaass! I miss Greek Isles!  You guys should check out Estia’s Kouzina & Ilios Noche if you love and appreciate real Greek food.  Those are authentic as well. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

they said bones tho. I'm pretty sure its concrete. 

Yeah, I was kind of imagining a concrete or steel core with pre-fab concrete exterior walls, but wasn't sure.  I can't remember seeing pre-fab exterior highrise construction like this.