SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

TP-Blog-Post-image.png

Trinity partners, 14 floor with ground retail. "Once we have a committed anchor tenant, we’ll break ground on 1000 South Tryon with a 15 month construction schedule." Don't think I've seen it mentioned on here before.

http://www.trinity-partners.com/news/1000-south-tryon-office-building-announced-for-charlottes-south-end/

Looks like an exact replica of Ally--complete with parking garage (which they also developed).

Below is a link to a new townhome project I'm involved with in Southend. Lumina Townhomes on Church is a 13 unit project that includes 3 bed 3 bath, 2 car garage and all are over 2000 square feet. The townhomes start at 395k with construction starting in a few months and completion in Summer of 2015. The project was just announced and interest is already very high. 

http://www.luminatowns.com

BTW, is it me, or does that look like one massive parking structure?  WTH?

There is a clear scaling issue in the rendering.  If you look at the big picture in the CBJ print edition, you can see that the parking deck extends across Winnifred and into the parcel where the apartments are going up now.

I don't mind if it's tall, because the Morehead side will be wrapped with apartments, and theoretically the Carson vacant lot can accomodate future development....it might be an ugly view for those people living in the new Quarters apartments, but hopefully the Winnifred side is wrapped in apartments too.

My rough math says you would need to probably charge ~$1.50/sf more for the office space to offset the cost of building on top of the deck as opposed to next to it, including getting back the use of that land for something else.  It's possible I suppose, as adding ~6 floors of parking could eliminate the relatively cheap "no view" floors, and make the building top floor more marketable saying 20th floor.  That said, I suspect the firms willing to pay view/prestige premiums already prefer to be in a prime Class A uptown location anyway.

I know we have mentioned construction starting on 1616, but here is a Biz journal about it. So excited for this project!

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/real_estate/2014/10/beacon-partners-to-start-work-on-1616-center.html

They halfed the amount of retail!!! How disappointing!!! But hey, between this and Camden Gallery there will be almost 20k sq feet of retail. Now if we could just get the food truck lot and the design center parking lot developed. We could have a real stroll district growing up on Camden. Hopefully the Design Center develops their parking lot responsibly and has street level retail on Camden. I'm sure they will. Too bad we can't develop the other side of the tracks.

Edited by Guest

I like the addition of office/reduction of retail.  While in theory it's nice to have 2nd floor retail, those numbers don't really work in Charlotte (or most cities), and they are going to be better off charging office rents, plus, an extra 13k sq ft of office equals another 50 people or so to support the day time retail/restaurant demand in the area.  The area needs more density to justify more retail, so I consider ground floor retail here and Camden Gallery wins enough.

Also nice to see they are getting a tenant to move from South Park to South End, and that the firm I think is significantly expanding the amount of space they are filling.

• Like 1

Now if we could just get the food truck lot and the design center parking lot developed. 

I'll give you the design center parking lot, but we've a lot of great memories at the food truck lot. I'm sorry to see the funkiness go away yet again. I bet that place pulled more people together in one night than some of the retail going in will draw in a week.

I'll give you the design center parking lot, but we've a lot of great memories at the food truck lot. I'm sorry to see the funkiness go away yet again. I bet that place pulled more people together in one night than some of the retail going in will draw in a week.

I think the food truck friday could be so much better! I think they should close down Camden between park avenue and Tremont every Friday and put up police barricades so they can serve alcohol and line the food trucks along Camden. That would be a much better vibe in my opinion! Especially once the Rail Trail is fully realized and developed. There'll be picnic tables and seating on the grass across from 1616 Camden and Camden Gallery. I'm sure a bar or two will open in Gallery or 1616 and they can participate opening up to the street. It could be glorious!

Edited by Guest

New PreSubmittal

Apartments named "Pearl SouthEnd"

4 Floors wrapping interior parking.

No Units Listed, However Based on Parcel Size I'd guess 225, if they buy land between there and Remount, I'd guess 300.

No word on Retail.

Architect: http://www.dwelldesignstudio.com

- Multifamily Work looks a lot like the Former Circle SouthEnd

Developer: http://www.morgangroup.com

- Pretty Big Regional Real Estate Developer, Currently Own Spectrum in Charlotte.

Land directly across from Mac's

It should be noted that Pearl is a large group of urban communities in Houston.

pearl-entry2.jpg

pearl greenway in houston

Any update on this?

So the "Ribbon Cutting Ceremony" of the new SouthEnd Park will be October 25th.

Confused_dog.jpg

I wasn't aware that it was finished? 

​Oh never mind... Its a ceremony to celebrate the official naming of the parking, which will be "Wilmore Centennial Park" Weird, why would they have a ribbon cutting for something that hasn't started being built yet. 

Confused_dog.jpg