SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/whats-in-store/article11908400.html

Did I miss this somewhere?  Love that a real bakery will be in South End, but am confused.  I thought this strip was to be demolished along with the other Marsh-owned strip next door.  No?

It will be demo'd in phase 2 or 3, Phase 1 only includes the center with Healthy Home Market. This part of the strip center will eventually become a 100k sq foot commercial building with ground floor retail and a parking deck.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/whats-in-store/article11908400.html

Did I miss this somewhere?  Love that a real bakery will be in South End, but am confused.  I thought this strip was to be demolished along with the other Marsh-owned strip next door.  No?

You make Sweet Lorraine's and Novas very sad.

Some more info on Solis Southline:

Solis Southline
The proposed project includes an approx. 85,000 SF Building with 313 Mult-Family Units, a 415 space parking deck, and road improvements per the New Bern Station Area Plan.

NO retail :( granted, retail isn't really necessary here, but still would have been nice to have a tiny bit.

Edited by Jayvee

Solis Southline

The proposed project includes an approx. 85,000 SF Building with 313 Mult-Family Units, a 415 space parking deck, and road improvements per the New Bern Station Area Plan.

NO retail :( granted, retail isn't really necessary here, but still would have been nice to have a tiny bit.

Ely's Observer article on Pappas' plans (reiterating what Jayvee said): http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/development/article15106319.html

Solis Southline

solis-southline.jpg

solis-southline.jpg

Urbana really needs to hire a decent rendering maker. I could make a better rendering on my lunch break. That said, I have very low hopes for this project. I'm assuming this is Urbana at least. Edited by Guest

Urbana really needs to hire a decent rendering maker. I could make a better rendering on my lunch break. That said, I have very low hopes for this project. I'm assuming this is Urbana at least.

But Urbana went out of business...

And I know a former employee that worked there a couple years ago. They paid the people who did renderings $10/hour, no insurance or benefits. They wouldn't buy new versions of AutoCAD and were at least 10 years behind on that software version. None of the employees except for interns had experience using AutoCAD or SketchUp. Apparently they drove themselves into the ground and went out of business because they wouldn't pay both to purchase the tools necessary to creat good results or pay the staff well. When you pay people $10/hour with no benefits, what do you expect?

Edited by ScottCLT

But Urbana went out of business...

Well the person that did their renderings has moved on to a new company.

I do hate that they went out of business. They were getting a lot of work.

Edited by Guest

This picture drives me crazy

https://www.workzonecam.com/projects/edificeinc/1616camden/workzonecam

Does anyone know why Charlotte doesn't require developers to bury power lines? I feel like in the early and mid 2000s, people were required to bury their lines, but here on Camden it is not required. The sidewalks around here are narrow enough already, they should have gotten rid of the power lines immediately at Camden Gallery and 1616 Center.  

Does anyone know why Charlotte doesn't require developers to bury power lines? I feel like in the early and mid 2000s, people were required to bury their lines, but here on Camden it is not required. The sidewalks around here are narrow enough already, they should have gotten rid of the power lines immediately at Camden Gallery and 1616 Center.  

Maybe they still will?? I do HATE when they don't bury them though, I know its expensive but the benefits are enormous.

More bothersome to me is the parking deck that is larger than the office building. All that for a building which is less than 300 ft from a rail station.

• Like 1

More bothersome to me is the parking deck that is larger than the office building. All that for a building which is less than 300 ft from a rail station.

The office building is going to wrap around the parking deck on the Kingston Street Side. It will be larger than the parking deck, don't fret.

The office building is going to wrap around the parking deck on the Kingston Street Side. It will be larger than the parking deck, don't fret.

Right, it looks to me like they are building another elevator shaft for the building to continue, is that right?

This should have been added into the zoning revisions for any new construction to bury ALL utilities. 

I don't like overhead wires either. But every city I've ever visited has them in abundance. And Toronto was one of the worst.

I guess I'm just spoiled... The closest overhead wires is along the shore in Brooklyn.

Yesterday furniture was being moved into the end (rail trail side) slot in the new / remodeled office project between Spectrum and Sycamore. The windows that were put into the building facing Sycamore and the rail trail are a huge improvement to the block.

On a slightly different note, the rail trail has become so crowded between East and Park that biking is now nearly impossible. Do they have plans for a trail on both sides of the tracks here?

Edited by kermit