SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

Looks like our little 36 Unit Apartment building on W. Catherine Street is going to get a neighbor. Spectrum is planning 100 or so Unit Apartment building directly across the street. I seem to remember hearing ARGOS and 1216 S. Tryon had found a tenant to open a restaurant in everyones favorite light industrial building, so this is great news for the S. Tryon Corridor. 

Looks like our little 36 Unit Apartment building on W. Catherine Street is going to get a neighbor. Spectrum is planning 100 or so Unit Apartment building directly across the street. I seem to remember hearing ARGOS and 1216 S. Tryon had found a tenant to open a restaurant in everyones favorite light industrial building, so this is great news for the S. Tryon Corridor. 

Spectrum eyeing South End: Spectrum Properties Residential, the multifamily development arm of Spectrum Properties, is seeking a transit-oriented, mixed-use zoning district for a 0.68-acre parcel in South End at the intersection of South Tryon and West Catherine streets. A Spectrum representative says the firm is working to assemble some land and has no set plans for the property yet.

That's what this is right???

So that empty strip of land will be the apt complex and that existing warehouse will be a restaurant? Seems like a MASSIVE building, basically extends the entire block, or would it just be the front Tryon fronting part?

Edited by Jayvee
  • Like 1

Spectrum eyeing South End: Spectrum Properties Residential, the multifamily development arm of Spectrum Properties, is seeking a transit-oriented, mixed-use zoning district for a 0.68-acre parcel in South End at the intersection of South Tryon and West Catherine streets. A Spectrum representative says the firm is working to assemble some land and has no set plans for the property yet.

That's what this is right???

So that empty strip of land will be the apt complex and that existing warehouse will be a restaurant? Seems like a MASSIVE building, basically extends the entire block.

Thats what it seems. Where did you get the info above from?

Yeah, I gotta say, of all the cookie cutter projects in South End, 1100 turned out fantastic.

I think when Camden Gallery is finished, it will be great too. I think Camden Southline turned out quite nice too (From pictures)

I think when Camden Gallery is finished, it will be great too. I think Camden Southline turned out quite nice too (From pictures)

True, Southline isn't bad and Gallery should be the best of all of them. It's amazing what a little color will do. I like the colors of phase II of 1225 Church, helps it stand out a bit.

Edited by Jayvee

A few things:

I noticed a Luna's Living Kitchen sign at the renovated warehouse project on Winnifred, on the space nearest Summit. It doesn't look like much else has been done yet though, doesn't really look like an actual restaurant location (though it could be a great one with that space if enough creative work was put into it). 

I'm hoping there are some finishing steps yet to come, but Quarters at Morehead appears to be getting the beige treatment, unlike the relatively nice white paneling and dark brick seen in the renderings. If what is currently at the corner of Morehead and Church remains, I'll go ahead and say its a new low for southend apartment complexes. 

Blush Boutique at Camden/Tryon in the "flatiron" building had signs up on every window saying "Blush will now be an online boutique". I was driving so I couldn't read the smaller print, but I take this to mean they are probably closing. I've seen maybe a total of 12-15 people in there ever.

The building that formerly housed Canine Cafe and Modern Lighting Showroom, and then became an architecture office, now has an available for office/retail sign up again. I'm hoping this means the building will return to retail use. 

I can't recall the name, but there is an art gallery/wine bar/coffee shop going in the space next to Craft on Church St. Should be a great addition to the area and the building looks good. 

Looks like Faison is exploring redeveloping the 36 acre Brookhill Village community. I have mixed feelings, as I see that community as blight, but I worry about so so many families and people being displaced. Hopefully we get a nice community with a good mix of homes for a multitude of income levels. Between this and the Selwyn neighborhood redevelopment, this could be a very very hopping area of town, if done correctly.

For reference this entire area i the brookhill neighborhood. 

http://binged.it/1E56Ol2

A few things:

I can't recall the name, but there is an art gallery/wine bar/coffee shop going in the space next to Craft on Church St. Should be a great addition to the area and the building looks good. 

Lady M Confections....its more a cake shop that will also have some art and wine. There's a few in NYC and one in LA in the US (they have ones in Singapore and S. Korea too), but it should be a cool addition. Also pretty cool that their domestic locations are in: LA, NYC and CHARLOTTE!

Based on their description:

"Lady M Confections prides itself on creating the freshest and finest handmade cakes. Its pastry chefs follow recipes that have been refined over the years to provide the highest quality in taste and appearance. The special care and attention in creating Lady M cakes has led to a loyal following with New York City and Los Angeles’s top restaurants and an ever-growing private clientele."

it seems like they may be taking a different approach to the location here....making it bit more like twenty-two in Plaza Midwood.

Edited by Jayvee

A few things:

I noticed a Luna's Living Kitchen sign at the renovated warehouse project on Winnifred, on the space nearest Summit. It doesn't look like much else has been done yet though, doesn't really look like an actual restaurant location (though it could be a great one with that space if enough creative work was put into it). 

I'm hoping there are some finishing steps yet to come, but Quarters at Morehead appears to be getting the beige treatment, unlike the relatively nice white paneling and dark brick seen in the renderings. If what is currently at the corner of Morehead and Church remains, I'll go ahead and say its a new low for southend apartment complexes. 

Blush Boutique at Camden/Tryon in the "flatiron" building had signs up on every window saying "Blush will now be an online boutique". I was driving so I couldn't read the smaller print, but I take this to mean they are probably closing. I've seen maybe a total of 12-15 people in there ever.

The building that formerly housed Canine Cafe and Modern Lighting Showroom, and then became an architecture office, now has an available for office/retail sign up again. I'm hoping this means the building will return to retail use. 

Speaking of things getting more SouthEndized. It appears Camden Gallery has lost its bold colors :-( 

"I noticed a Luna's Living Kitchen sign at the renovated warehouse project on Winnifred, on the space nearest Summit. It doesn't look like much else has been done yet though, doesn't really look like an actual restaurant location (though it could be a great one with that space if enough creative work was put into it). "

This space you are referring to is a prep/production kitchen and storage space.

Looks like Faison is exploring redeveloping the 36 acre Brookhill Village community. I have mixed feelings, as I see that community as blight, but I worry about so so many families and people being displaced. Hopefully we get a nice community with a good mix of homes for a multitude of income levels. Between this and the Selwyn neighborhood redevelopment, this could be a very very hopping area of town, if done correctly.

. And the I-77 corporate center off the Clanton road exit is being sold as a potential redevelopment property(40 acres or so)

"I noticed a Luna's Living Kitchen sign at the renovated warehouse project on Winnifred, on the space nearest Summit. It doesn't look like much else has been done yet though, doesn't really look like an actual restaurant location (though it could be a great one with that space if enough creative work was put into it). "

What a waste for the most visible unit in that building. I had much higher hopes for it. 

Villa Antonio used to be at that location.

Dynamic Health

parking layout revised, compact spaces added. 2nd story added to existing building. Exterior stairs added to rear of building.

Not many will be displaced.  Most of the buildings are vacant and a few have been burned out.  I would think the owner is looking to redevelop.

https://goo.gl/maps/50iAM

Is that the space you are talking about???