SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

Food trucks don't NEED to be In a dirt lot. Just close off camden every friday to on street parking and line the street with these foodtrucks. Then have people stroll camden, frequent the shops, bars, galleries and restaurants and stop at whatever food truck they want. This is how every food truck Friday I've been to in NYC or San Francisco have been.

I was just about to make the same comment, but you did first. Closing off Camden to pedestrians only on Friday nights would be even better than the food truck lot is now, especially since Camden is a one-sided street, with retail (albeit not that exciting) on only the west side of the street. Food truck could park all along the other side of the street where the only thing there is the rail line.

This is not an attempt at being artsy, I just wanted to try to get a decent angle of the density these two projects has started to create and I was at the stop light. :good:

post-26833-0-77533300-1430139848_thumb.j

Also, here is a recent shot of Quarters Morehead in all of its ugliness.

post-26833-0-65766100-1430139897_thumb.j

Edited by ah59396

Quarters at Morehead looks EXACTLY like the rendering, excep the 2 little overhanges near the top.

Quarters_at_Morehead*600.jpg?v=1

I really really hope they end up painting. I'm worried, since there is no longer scaffolding. 

Is there anything in the works for the northeast corner of Scaleybark and South Blvd?  Where the library is?  I remember a few years back that Crosland had this big plan for that whole area, and it fell apart with the bad economy.  Does anyone know if there is ANYTHING being discussed for this area?

Is there anything in the works for the northeast corner of Scaleybark and South Blvd?  Where the library is?  I remember a few years back that Crosland had this big plan for that whole area, and it fell apart with the bad economy.  Does anyone know if there is ANYTHING being discussed for this area?

Not so much for the Crosland side but RDF stated the Pappas side seems to be in full swing.  This area has it's own thread, just got buried to page 2.  Glad that there are so many active project threads these days :)

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php/topic/52026-scaleybark-station-area-projects/page-6#entry1353879

Crosland had sort of taken a step out of the development game for the past 3 or 4 years, and started focussing on upgrading and managing the assets within their portfolio. Recently the seem more "full steam ahead" and have started getting back into suburban locales, such as Waverly in Charlotte. They have started doing more urban focused projects recently, like Urban Outfitters in Downtown Columbia (I know...Right?) so hopefully we will see something before the end of this development cycle. I wouldn't be surprised if they waited to see how Pappas preformed with Scaleybark Station.

I'm not sure if there has been conversation on this already, but does anyone have insight on potential developments at the north east corner of South Blvd and Remount?  Is the soil contaminated, because this seems like a hot piece of real estate, right?

Meant to post this earlier, but Quarters at Morehead is finally starting to get its color.  They have started painting the side facing Tryon Street in the "Southend Red" color that seems to be so very popular.  No matter the color, it's a big relief the beige is being painted over :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Meant to post this earlier, but Quarters at Morehead is finally starting to get its color.  They have started painting the side facing Tryon Street in the "Southend Red" color that seems to be so very popular.  No matter the color, it's a big relief the beige is being painted over :thumbsup:

I thought the red looked great actually. Much better than the beige.

I wish it had some public parking included for that stretch of old buildings on Morehead. I'm not sure those businesses will ever thrive without some kind of parking in the area. I'd hate to see them destroyed.

I thought the red looked great actually. Much better than the beige.

I wish it had some public parking included for that stretch of old buildings on Morehead. I'm not sure those businesses will ever thrive without some kind of parking in the area. I'd hate to see them destroyed.

Then you would hate to know they are owned by a single entity and being marketed as a redevelopment opportunity.