SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

Then you would hate to know they are owned by a single entity and being marketed as a redevelopment opportunity.

A friend of mine used to date a guy whose parents own one of the buildings and they certainly don't own them all.

Just did a real estate lookup on those properties and I see different owners for those properties.

A lot of these buildings look near condemned (with the exception of the one at Church and Morehead) . I always envisioned them becoming a cool row of bars, but that obviously won't happen. I won't miss these if they're developed the right way.

I've been in the one that is right beside the printing company at the corner of Mint and Morehead.

It doesn't look like much on the outside, but it was pretty cool inside. Had a marketing agency in there and it was very design-y inside.

A friend of mine used to date a guy whose parents own one of the buildings and they certainly don't own them all.

Just did a real estate lookup on those properties and I see different owners for those properties.

I dunno.  Maybe different owners, but clearly all open to selling as part of a redevelopment....or someone needs to tell this guy....

http://www.siteindexcharlotte.com/photos/CIE/charlotte//Property/44231_108855.pdf

I dunno. Maybe different owners, but clearly all open to selling as part of a redevelopment....or someone needs to tell this guy....

http://www.siteindexcharlotte.com/photos/CIE/charlotte//Property/44231_108855.pdf

I'd be pretty down with this. Tons of ground floor retail and I love me some rooftop bars/restaurants

The development group behind this RED Partners.  They are a Charlotte based group.  They did Dilworth Walk, and I think Noda Studio 6.  I believe they are partnering with an apartment developer on this, but not sure.

Based on the shape of the parcel, it might make sense to have a 10-12 story building fronting South Blvd, and 4-5 story wood-frame "below" Camden Grandview fronting I-277. 

I would love to see some cool stairs going from Morehead down to South Blvd....also a cool path connecting South to the rail trail between this and Camden Grandview that bicyclists could use to traverse 277 easier.

I'm pretty excited about all the things that could be fixed with this project that makes that area feel so un-urban at the moment.

The development group behind this RED Partners.  They are a Charlotte based group.  They did Dilworth Walk, and I think Noda Studio 6.  I believe they are partnering with an apartment developer on this, but not sure.

Based on the shape of the parcel, it might make sense to have a 10-12 story building fronting South Blvd, and 4-5 story wood-frame "below" Camden Grandview fronting I-277. 

I would love to see some cool stairs going from Morehead down to South Blvd....also a cool path connecting South to the rail trail between this and Camden Grandview that bicyclists could use to traverse 277 easier.

I'm pretty excited about all the things that could be fixed with this project that makes that area feel so un-urban at the moment.

Makes me wonder how long it will be before we see the Time Warner Property developed. 

Noticed what looked like demo to the building located at Clanton and South (Howdens?).  Anybody know what is going on there?

An illustrious Quik Trip.

Accela is saying there's an approved plan for "Extra Space Storage" at the Howden's site?  I'd prefer a QT to that, honestly.

That is already built.

https://www.google.com/maps/search/extra+space+storage+charlotte/@35.1951003,-80.8720056,537m/data=!3m1!1e3!6m1!1e1

The new looking silver roof is the Extra Space Storage.  The building on the corner of Clanton/South is where I'm guessing the QT is going as the roof had a giant hole in it last time I looked in the building.

A few observations from a 7pm bike ride on the rail trail:

1) The CMPD has begun patrolling in a Polaris 4-wheeler. It is neither quiet nor narrow. Seems like overkill, what is the problem with the regular bike cops?

2) I saw my first fence jumpers going from Spectrum to Publix (about 200 ft past the police patrol)

3) I pulled the quote below (from this thread) to remind us how long ago 2009 was.

Spectrum is the "last outpost of Southend gentrification." I ride down the trail from uptown to Scaleybark almost once a week. I've noticed tagging on the brick building next to Spectrum, then it was quickly painted over. I noticed several windows busted out with (most likely) rocks from the light rail bed. They were repaired by the next week, when I (for the first time) saw a security guard walking around Spectrum. Past Spectrum there is nothing before you get the the small amount of development around New Bern - nothing but lot after lot of foundations of former warehouses. If you live at Spectrum, I imagine it will be pretty nice, but just know you will be the last outpost of Southend civilization for a while.

• Like 1

Youngblood Townhouse behind Junction has changed scope from 40 townhomes to 53. I wonder if they added some more land. I'm guessing that they bought the land (TAX ID#14701177) that will connect Poindexter all the way to South Tryon, which would be wonderful!

Sorry I couldn't get a better picture, but I gotta say....I really like the look of 1100 South 

IMG_6491_zpspd0ywbx4.jpg

How hard would it have been for just ONE of those spaces to be retail :-( But yes, awesome looking apartment.

Edited by Guest