SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

^ Its not an effort at an assembly. Its just a standard part of owning property in Dilworth or Sedgefield (and probably a few other hoods too). Its usually just small-time investors hoping to stumble across someone who is thining about listing and they hope to snag a property at a low-ball price. I have a rental about two blocks away from the spot you are talking about (on Greystone) and I have gotten three of these letters this year.

This.

One of my clients is in this industry and they send these out to Dilworth, PM, Belmont, and the other inner city neighborhoods. I have another in the same industry in Orlando.

You'd be surprised at how well they work. Every time they send them out they get 5-10 phone calls it seems like.

Typically, they'll offer about 60-70% of market value, depending on how competitive a real estate market is. It's really not a bad deal if you have a house that needs a lot of repairs that would deter traditional buyers.

Looks like Lennar Multifamily is looking to rezone the Pepsi Bottling Plant into TOD for Multi-family.

http://ww.charmeck.org/Planning/Rezoning/2015/090-106/2015-102%20application.pdf

Also, 16 townhomes are being planned near W Tremont and Hawkins.  Behind the Helix Townhomes under construction.

http://ww.charmeck.org/Planning/Rezoning/2015/090-106/2015-105%20site%20plan.pdf

Even though its going to be just another large-scale apartment community, that was an eventuality for the Pepsi site anyway.  I am excited that Lennar is doing this project, as I think they are a little higher quality in general.  It wouldn't surpise me to see them try for 5-10k of retail at this spot.

Southend_Affordable_Flats_Charlotte_NC.j

Found this in a google search for Southend.  Labeled as Southend Affordable Flats Charlotte from MIller Archictecture. Anybody have any details on this?

Also, Miller Architecture seems to be working on a lot of new projects according to their webpage (probably not up to date) 

http://millerarchitecture.com/mixed-use-multi-family.asp

^^^ Pretty certain this was planned for the site that Distric Flats apartment was built on.  They are working on at least 2 new infill apartments though that are moving forward.  A six story building on Selwyn, and a 3 story building on in Elizabeth at the very end of Beaumont Ave.

Back to South End, it looks like someone is proposing turning the Porter Paints building on South Blvd next to Mac's into a restuarant.  I believe they would use the parking area between them and the Mac's parking lot as outdoor seating.  The Interior Motives building on the other side of Porter would be demo-ed for restaurant parking.

^^^ Pretty certain this was planned for the site that Distric Flats apartment was built on.  They are working on at least 2 new infill apartments though that are moving forward.  A six story building on Selwyn, and a 3 story building on in Elizabeth at the very end of Beaumont Ave.

Back to South End, it looks like someone is proposing turning the Porter Paints building on South Blvd next to Mac's into a restuarant.  I believe they would use the parking area between them and the Mac's parking lot as outdoor seating.  The Interior Motives building on the other side of Porter would be demo-ed for restaurant parking.

To add onto this, the owners of Macs are proposing this. 

Should we start a SoBern/Sedgefield Thread for this kind of info?

Edited by Guest

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/development/article27317734.html

I'd like to hereby congratulate the 500+ additional new residents that will be able to see Publix but not access it on foot. At this point its the City and the Charlotte Area Transit Service to step up to the plate and make something happen. There is a ton of projects under development, planned and under construction on this side of the line and its time that we get a stop at Camden Southline or at Atherton. Below is the link to the Partnership that is developing the land. They have some interesting land assemblages and projects in their portfolio, and have some very VERY interesting heavy hitters for partners. I give this project a status of "Likely to happen" based on these factors.

.whitepointpartners.com/

Junction, Spectrum, Youngblood Townhouses and WhitePoint Partners is nearly 1000 units total, and there is a growing community of retail and small businesses on that side of the tracks. 

Edited by Guest

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/development/article27317734.html

I'd like to hereby congratulate the 500+ additional new residents that will be able to see Publix but not access it on foot. At this point its the City and the Charlotte Area Transit Service to step up to the plate and make something happen. There is a ton of projects under development, planned and under construction on this side of the line and its time that we get a stop at Camden Southline or at Atherton. Below is the link to the Partnership that is developing the land. They have some interesting land assemblages and projects in their portfolio, and have some very VERY interesting heavy hitters for partners. I give this project a status of "Likely to happen" based on these factors.

.whitepointpartners.com/

Junction, Spectrum, Youngblood Townhouses and WhitePoint Partners is nearly 1000 units total, and there is a growing community of retail and small businesses on that side of the tracks. 

Not very accurate info in the article besides what was pulled directly from Accela. Faison is the developer and it's on nearly 4 acres that goes from the area highlighted all the way down to Hawkins. 

In related news, Lennar's plans for the Pepsi site include approximately 375 units, plus +/-25,000 square feet of retail and 60,000 square feet of office. 

.whitepointpartners.com/

Not very accurate info in the article besides what was pulled directly from Accela. Faison is the developer and it's on nearly 4 acres that goes from the area highlighted all the way down to Hawkins. 

In related news, Lennar's plans for the Pepsi site include approximately 375 units, plus +/-25,000 square feet of retail and 60,000 square feet of office. 

You are a god among men. I really hope the Lennar Project happens this Cycle. Those specs are fantastic.

Edited by Guest

.whitepointpartners.com/

You are a god among men. I really hope the Lennar Project happens this Cycle. Those specs are fantastic.

Timeline for Lennar is to start next summer. There's a lot of time between now and then...

99% confirmed that DFA is building on the Food Truck lot/block. No specific details other than they are paying an insane number for the land.

After I posted the speculation about the HD Supply building, it was confirmed by another source that it would be a different site for DFA. A high profile parcel for South End, and I was speculating either Food Truck lot or Uptown Caberet. So that means there are at least two places in SouthEnd that will be Class A Office, hopefully. 

This is a pretty small oddly shaped lot, less than 2 acres. It will be interesting to see how they utilize it and how they activate the street. The company seems adamant about contributing to the urban core in a meaningful manner. Hopefully that means well executed, but lower price retail spaces.

Edited by Guest

99% confirmed that DFA is building on the Food Truck lot/block. No specific details other than they are paying an insane number for the land.

After I posted the speculation about the HD Supply building, it was confirmed by another source that it would be a different site for DFA. A high profile parcel for South End, and I was speculating either Food Truck lot or Uptown Caberet. So that means there are at least two places in SouthEnd that will be Class A Office, hopefully. 

This is a pretty small oddly shaped lot, less than 2 acres. It will be interesting to see how they utilize it and how they activate the street. The company seems adamant about contributing to the urban core in a meaningful manner. Hopefully that means well executed, but lower price retail spaces.

I'd also be curious as to the height. 2 acres seems too small to do 8-9 floors and cost $105 mil. No?

I'd also be curious as to the height. 2 acres seems too small to do 8-9 floors and cost $105 mil. No?

$105 Million!?!?  Are you serious?????????????  You can't be.

$105M in South End buys you 12-15 floors not 8-9. I know ProDev said the land price was insanely high, but 105M is a lot of money. Aly Center was less than 90M. Its a pretty small lot. Parking deck would have to cover a good chunk of the land. Below is Food Truck lot shown at the same scale as the Aly Center/Catalyst/Element Complex. Its about 2/5 the size.

Screen Shot 2015-07-16 at 9.31.07 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-07-16 at 9.30.46 AM.png

Edited by Guest

Hah !  Interesting quote from this morning's Observer given this ^.  Me thinks that line out the Coop's front door at lunchtime will be somewhat longer. 

Customers, businesses on Camden Road not happy with parking meters

If they weren’t so busy, I was going to ask them if it had hurt their business. I think it would,” said Jim Palombit, while eating Price’s chicken in the back of his pickup truck. “I think in the long run it could deter someone from coming here.”

Price, the owner, can say this much: “I’m not happy about the new meters. I can’t really judge if it has affected business yet, but lot of our customers aren’t happy.”

$105mm is total invetment.  Building + offices/desk/chairs/computers/etc etc.  Cousins in their earnings call several months ago, called this a $72mm project.  They are having another call in about 2 weeks, so maybe they will update.

I would be shocked if its Food Truck lot.  I was skeptical of HD Supply, and food-truck seems even less likely.

I think it's possible they could buy out Trinity's option on 1000 S Tryon, but also think the Uptown Cabaret, the CBJ aux buidling, or the cigar shop (basically, any of the 4 corners of Tryon and Morehead) could make sense.  Food Truck site makes no sense for this type of project.

I hinted several months ago that something was going on with Food Truck site, but this is not what I understood to be happening.  It's always possible that the developer assembling that site and CM flipped it to Cousins, but I don't see it happening.  I have no inside source telling me where they are (or aren't going), but if it's not on Tryon withing a block of Morehead, then my only conclusion would be the CEO of DFA really likes Phat Burritos for lunches for days that he visits the Charlotte office.

I hinted several months ago that something was going on with Food Truck site, but this is not what I understood to be happening.  It's always possible that the developer assembling that site and CM flipped it to Cousins, but I don't see it happening.

I'm sounding like a broken record, but I really really want to know what the rumors are about this. All I hear is that plans exist etc etc. I am still in denial about the potential loss of CM (to an extent that many of you may question my loyalty to Charlotte, so great is my disgust), but the sooner I know something real the sooner I can accept it.