SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

5 minutes ago, CTiger said:

5. Common Market Update

20180703_094354.jpg

What in the world is happening here? High-ceiling'd outdoor patio? And then is that basically an additional annex building for this new CM (I'd thought it was only the brick building on the left)?

Edited by SgtCampsalot
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, SgtCampsalot said:

What in the world is happening here? High-ceiling'd outdoor patio? And then is that basically an additional annex building for this new CM (I'd thought it was only the brick building on the left)?

The Brick building isn't Common Market. What you are looking at is Common Market. I fudgeing love the deconstructed building look. Its so cool

Edited by Guest

4 minutes ago, SgtCampsalot said:

I have no idea what they are doing, but I trust Common Market to do something awesome with it.  The brick building to the left is all leased up (Zeppelin, Bang Bang, and Caliber Men's Grooming), so they don't have any of that space.  

3 minutes ago, CTiger said:

I have no idea what they are doing, but I trust Common Market to do something awesome with it.  The brick building to the left is all leased up (Zeppelin, Bang Bang, and Caliber Men's Grooming), so they don't have any of that space.  

@Jayvee is going to run by and get some closeups today :-)

On 7/4/2018 at 2:50 AM, NcSc74 said:

Agreed.  They need to be more like this on prominent roads or along the rail line.

Everyone I talked to thought they looked too traditional and out of place when they were going in.   I tried to convince them that they would be a net positive, but no one agreed.  Glad to see that they are appreciated after 8-9 years of patina.

24 minutes ago, archiham04 said:

Everyone I talked to thought they looked too traditional and out of place when they were going in.   I tried to convince them that they would be a net positive, but no one agreed.  Glad to see that they are appreciated after 8-9 years of patina.

I hated them originally. They are aging nicely however.

49 minutes ago, archiham04 said:

I remain a critic but they aren't horrible.  Just wish we had something more modern in that neighborhood.

The traditional townhouses will age better and look like "money". There's a reason that style has endured. In that part of town, they're a nice juxtaposition to all the nearby steel and glass (and eifs). They'd be boring in Cotswold, but I think they work here.

The modern ones are cool, but will look very dated very quickly and need modernization within the next 20 years. Otherwise, they'll be good candidates for the "Charlotte Special", aka demolition in favor of something new.

Edited by HighRiseHillbilly
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, HighRiseHillbilly said:

The traditional townhouses will age better and look like "money". There's a reason that style had endured. In that part of town, they're a nice juxtaposition to all the nearby steel and glass (and eifs). They'd be boring in Cotswold, but I think they work here.

The modern ones are cool, but will look very dated very quickly and need modernization within the next 20 years. Otherwise, they'll be good candidates for the "Charlotte Special", aka demolition in favor of something new.

meanwhile the traditional ones were a pretty low price point starting out. @ScottCLT used to own one I believe, back in the day, so maybe he can attest to their quality. I seem to remember them being nice when he lived ther.e