SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

^^So I can kind of understand building this close to the interstate, and I get that these are probably boilerplate floorplans, but front doors with Concrete steps and stoops?  facing the interstate?!?!  Why go to the trouble of building these?  I seriously doubt that Mr. Hooper will serendipitously bump into Snuffleuhagus, Bert or Elmo hanging out on his stoop here.

Edited by archiham04
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, KJHburg said:

New Camden Grandview rental townhomes coming along.  FREE traffic reports with any lease. 

IMG_0999.JPG

18 minutes ago, archiham04 said:

^^So I can kind of understand building this close to the interstate, and I get that these are probably boilerplate floorplans, but front doors with Concrete steps and stoops?  facing the interstate?!?!  Why go to the trouble of building these?  I seriously doubt that Mr. Hooper will serendipitously bump into Snuffleuhagus, Bert or Elmo hanging out on his stoop here.

I mean if the external finishes and landscaping is done well, including a nice sound wall (with vines!), they could make an insanely cute private alley with brick pavers, etc, where people can actually enjoy their stoops!

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

I may have had a dream/hallucination, but I believe the path that these stoops will connect to is to be part of the linear greenway paralleling 277 and connect to the rail trail extension.

no you are correct. There will also be a dog park for the residents along the Rail Trail.

There will be a linear greenway parallel to 277? Perpendicular to 277,

42 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

I may have had a dream/hallucination, but I believe the path that these stoops will connect to is to be part of the linear greenway paralleling 277 and connect to the rail trail extension.

or rather along the rail, for sure but bordering 277? Enlighten me.

I think these Camden rental townhomes is one of the best infill projects I have seen.  I never thought that parcel could be developed with anything that will turn out this nice.  I see from the site plan how they will access  the amenity deck of the Camden Grandview.   Plus when the new Rail Trail bridge is done these townhomes will be sitting pretty just a walk across 277 to uptown and the Whole Foods.  I would rather spend the money to rent one of these with my own garage then mid rise or high rise deck parking. 

Here is the site plan I don't see the rental rates yet

https://www.camdenliving.com/charlotte-nc-apartments/camden-grandview/site-plan

and evidently the mid rise portion at least is a Dog free community?  

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

I think these Camden rental townhomes is one of the best infill projects I have seen.

Agree though I do wonder if they might have forever destroyed the possibility of a complete 277 cap as they are built below grade. Yes I realize a total cap is probably a pipe dream anyway but it certainly couldn't be done unless these were demolished or just left in an isolated hole. 

Edited by Crucial_Infra

1 minute ago, Crucial_Infra said:

Agree though I do wonder if they might have forever destroyed the possibility of a complete 277 cap as they are built below grade. Yes I realize a total cap is probably a pipe dream anyway but it certainly could't be done unless these were demolished or just left in an isolated hole. 

I mean it probably hasn't made it impossible, but it does hamper it considerably. 

35 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

I never thought that parcel could be developed with anything that will turn out this nice.  

I dunno, any developer but Camden would have built the most appropriete parking podium ever and tossed up a decent midrise with outstanding views and up above the traffic. 

I do understand why Camden did it differently, but I wouldn’t want to live there.

Shrug.

Edited by kermit

21 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I mean it probably hasn't made it impossible, but it does hamper it considerably. 

It could still easily be done from Church to the Rail Trail but the Rail trail to South Blvd portion would be a doozy. On both sides really. 

5 minutes ago, kermit said:

I do understand why Camden did it differently, but Toz (as usual) made the most prescient comment. 

I'm curious. Why did Camden do it differently? And what was Toz's comment?

1 hour ago, Crucial_Infra said:

I'm curious. Why did Camden do it differently? And what was Toz's comment?

Camden owns the building behind the townhouses, they built low-rise in order to protect the views from their existing building.

Toz just mentioned that traffic noise was going to be the first complaint the HOA got. I watched these places get built, they do not have above average soundproofing. Regardless what I think about the traffic noise there is an insatiable demand for townhomes in Southend, so I am sure these will do fine.

Edited by kermit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The 277 cap has captured the imagination, but was always a pipe dream other than the short blocks either side of Tryon.  Definitely a pipe dream for a park, but very possible as a development cap which is more just a function of the value of the land.   While we have so much room to build, it remains clearly unfeasible. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cadi40 said:

Would it ever be possible to get 277 a wall instead of the grass? 

A wall only comes into to play if they think they can develop those edge parcels. By the time that type of development is economically feasible, I bet we're already in modified cap territory so my guess is yeah a wall could happen but it'd be part of a bigger plan that would hide the wall anyway and is many years away. Get used to the lawn. 

On 7/7/2018 at 11:37 AM, dylansukkert said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=cfdcdf7370b84370SouthPoint at South End Phase 2 of their town homes coming along almost at the corner of Remount and Tryon. 

EAB8C532-E6A7-4164-8E85-3B0AC9177C09.jpeg

The end unit is a 2,100 sq. ft. 3 bed / 2.5 bath. w/ 1 car garage. The ground floor bedroom is tiny, barely an office.  They are asking $630k... at least 3 months ago they were...it might be sold now.