SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

8 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

Does anyone know what the ruddy colored panels are on the side of the parking deck? What's that material? 

Terracotta, at least thats what I was told

20 hours ago, NCMike1990 said:

The hotel at the corner of Cleveland and Worthington is back on track. 

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/development/article215789125.html

This is great news as it'll add to the total number of Hotel Rooms within the Central Business District.  Anyone think this project is now being fast tracked to construction due to the RNC that'll now be held in Charlotte?

10 minutes ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

This is great news as it'll add to the total number of Hotel Rooms within the Central Business District.  Anyone think this project is now being fast tracked to construction due to the RNC that'll now be held in Charlotte?

This one has a fighting chance to open because of its size. 

31 minutes ago, HighRiseHillbilly said:

Do you happen to know why the Kimpton backed out?

I suspect its less about Kimpton backing out, but the developer who originally pegged Kimpton for the site not having the capital to develop a hotel, backing out, and selling the land.  I think Kimpton dropped out when the developer did. Land was sold to the most recent company last October.  Theres a couple of hotel deals it the works, under the radar, one I know was fighting for the Moxy that ended up going uptown, and then Spectrum will be going for a boutique brand, so it could go there. Design Center will ultimately get a hotel too, even though West Elm fell through. Interestingly enough, we've been dropped completely off the West Elm Hotel Website.

image.thumb.png.7254a1d982e1da98e6de1cc3ace9b542.png

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, grodney said:

Driving to Sycamore yesterday I noticed the huge development at the corner of Dunavant and Hawkins, with much site work underway.  Old references from 2015 say 360 units plus retail.  Is there an updated thread or site for this project?  Thanks!

Here are renderings for "The Hub" which is this project

Hub - Dunavant St Facing SE.jpg

Hub - Hawkins facing SW.jpg

Hub - Hawkins and Dunavant Corner.jpg

32 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

What would it take for these to become for sale? Market conditions, return, etc?

Maybe a continued strong housing market but they would be really expensive but who know some day.  But returns on rentals are really strong now and with no amenities added to their existing complex which these residents will use they may not want to give them up ever.

• Like 1

I love what Southend is becoming. When I talked to spectrum, they were expecting 40k+ of retail here, facing inside and out, and minimal lobbies. 

Edited by Guest

12 minutes ago, JBS said:

The maturing of our city...very nice project.

PS  Nice beard.  Very Brooklyn.

great project. Look forward to seeing how it turns out. This is just a rough version of what is a lot of options on the table for this location and that theres a lot of community meetings to go, and redesigns before this is a finished piece. So we should all stay tuned for more. Those of us that are happy with 300 South Tryon should be very excited for this project.

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, go_vertical said:

With development in the immediate area gaining some steam I would imagine the Midnight Diner might be needing to search for a new lot to plop down on before too long.

As a resident of the area who has been woken up by gunshots on more than one occasion, I can say I would have no objections. Plus, looks like they could  just back up the pickup, hook er up and move it.

With that said, that place is never not busy. Much like the "Gentlemen's club" across the street, they have to be printing money.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2