SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

I know this isn’t development-related, but it’s relevant to South End.

So, I’ve heard the acclaim of the highly regarded Price’s Chicken Coop. Having never been there, I decided to try it while cycling in South End this past weekend. I didn’t care to spend too much time eating, nor did I want to get my hands too greasy since I was on the go, so I ordered the “chicken sandwich.” I suppose I didn’t really know what to expect from such a vague menu item. What exactly is a “chicken sandwich”? Was this surprise item going to be a piece of grilled chicken? Chicken salad? Shredded chicken? Surely anything other than two pieces of fried chicken between two buns.

Seriously, what... the... f@<& is this?! This has GOT to be a joke, right?

67918BB6-D271-43F7-A7E2-B49571CDE49B.jpeg

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Hunted said:

I know this isn’t development-related, but it’s relevant to South End.

So, I’ve heard the acclaim of the highly regarded Price’s Chicken Coop. Having never been there, I decided to try it while cycling in South End this past weekend. I didn’t care to spend too much time eating, nor did I want to get my hands too greasy since I was on the go, so I ordered the “chicken sandwich.” I suppose I didn’t really know what to expect from such a vague menu item. What exactly is a “chicken sandwich”? Was this surprise item going to be a piece of grilled chicken? Chicken salad? Shredded chicken? Surely anything other than two pieces of fried chicken between two buns.

Seriously, what... the... f@<& is this?! This has GOT to be a joke, right?

67918BB6-D271-43F7-A7E2-B49571CDE49B.jpeg

Yes is must be a joke, I've never ever ever ever seen a chicken sandwich on their menu

This is technically in Wilmore, but does anyone know what is going on with the Boost Mobile that just closed on S Tryon/Woodcrest?  It just closed but haven't been able to find any information on the land.  I know the adjacent parcel on S Tryon/Worthington is being rezoned as a condo project.

7 minutes ago, AP3 said:

This is technically in Wilmore, but does anyone know what is going on with the Boost Mobile that just closed on S Tryon/Woodcrest?  It just closed but haven't been able to find any information on the land.  I know the adjacent parcel on S Tryon/Worthington is being rezoned as a condo project.

Its for sale for an ungodly amount of money. Like spit coffee on your computer screen type of money. Uptown per sq foot prices.

http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/1926-S-Tryon-St-Charlotte-NC/12791657/

Edited by Guest

I noticed a small crew with a Bobcat and one of those drill rigs at the lot next to where Spectrum is going to go this past weekend.  I believe this would be sandwhiched between Spectrum and the new Beer Garden.  Not sure if they are taking core samples or what.  I don't remember any news about this property.  

Property.PNG

Drill.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tarhoosier said:

Yes, that is the sandwich. Welcome to Price's Coop. One can always tell the virgins at The Coop when they receive their sandwich and then, often, say to the help "I ordered a sandwich".  Easy to tell the first timers. 

Price fries chicken. If you want to eat it in a sandwich you do some of the work. Different? Certainly?  Convenient? Not much. Now you know. 

Inexcusable garbage. Like, seriously... what a stupid idea. Pure laziness.

Inexcusable garbage. Like, seriously... what a stupid idea. Pure laziness.

Yea man, your first mistake was trying to do this in a hurry and not sitting your butt somewhere, people watching and eating a unusually large amount of fried chicken and Hushpuppy or 5. You did yourself a disservice in a way different reason than you think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, HighRiseHillbilly said:

Price's is hardly garbage... it's some of the last remaining culinary history this city has left. It's done this well for this long because of / in spite of that quirky detail.

I wasn't criticizing the entire establishment -- just the sandwich. I don't care how sentimental it is to you... it's a stupid chicken sandwich. I really don't see how anyone could defend fried chicken on a bun.

• Haha 1