SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

This project announced 2 years ago and supposed to start in Feb.  2100 South Tryon

""2100 South Tryon, at the intersection of Tryon Street and Tremont Avenue (across Tremont from the now-shuttered concert venue), is going through land development and permitting now, said Doug Stephan, principal of Charlotte-based Vision Ventures, which is developing the project. The four-story, 83,000-square-foot project is expected to contain a mix of boutique office space and street-level retail.  Vision is eyeing a February groundbreaking for 2100 South Tryon, Stephan said. ""

Subscriber article https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/10/22/when-this-long-planned-office-project-in-south-end.html?ana=e_du_prem&s=article_du&ed=2018-10-22&u=oAaDx%2B74FoP4qOJ%2By4AU6dhJPpc&t=1540238179&j=84563851

• Like 4

18 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Yea i knew what it was as soon as he said the location. That one has flown under a lot of radars. Surprised a for sale concept has been so quiet press-wise.

The condo building is basically sold out. They have started selling the quadplex but not the single family homes yet.  They are pricing the homes at 1.1-1.35M for 3200-5000 sqft. I have no idea how they are all going to fit on that property and who in their right mind would pay that for absolutely no yard and sharing your driveway with 50 other people. 

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

I love all these recently announced office projects in South End.  Lets talk about prospects for the space.   

1. Spectrum has said it will start this winter spec if a tenant is not signed.  Strong financial partner so I say this will happen. 

2. Beacon's tower at South Tryon and West Blvd the "Saucemans" site.   It is small enough 130K of office space to go spec or with just a little preleasing like a floor or so. No huge tenant needed here. 

3. Portmans South Hawkins project.  260K  sq ft of office space.   Dont know if they would go spec or not depends on partner.  Maybe the Chinese company they did with 615 Regions and they did cash out of that building recently.  However they have a lot of buildings coming out the ground in Atlanta's Midtown. 

Prospective office tenants that may be looking:  1. Lendingtree and are several of these buildings #1 and #3 being pitched to the?  Not sure but they said every developer in town contacted them after the news broke of their Pineville Cone Mills which has seemed to stall.   2. US Bank but they could do a built to suit with Cousins they current landlord?  I would think the Tryon street address would be important to them  3. Large accounting firms that want greater visibility.     4. Mysterious new to market tenants 

any thoughts?   Exciting times for sure. 

US Bank goes uptown in a Cousins built new building that hasn't been announced yet. Thats my prediction

11 hours ago, Nick2 said:

Where would it go? Part of legacy or maybe gateway or something entirely new on an empty lot?

You'll just have to wait a few weeks to find out where Cousins is developing.

My apologies if we have discussed this already:

The CBJ reports that Ram closed on the parcel at Doggett and Tremont which was originally going to be phase 2 of the multifamily next door. Ram says the parcel will be used for ground floor retail (30,000 sqft) and two stories of office (also 30,000 sqft) above.  Sounds like this will all be in three separate buildings.

Tremont is becoming the Stonewall of Southend.

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/11/06/florida-developer-prolific-in-charlotte-acquires.html

• Like 4

17 hours ago, kermit said:

My apologies if we have discussed this already:

The CBJ reports that Ram closed on the parcel at Doggett and Tremont which was originally going to be phase 2 of the multifamily next door. Ram says the parcel will be used for ground floor retail (30,000 sqft) and two stories of office (also 30,000 sqft) above.  Sounds like this will all be in three separate buildings.

Tremont is becoming the Stonewall of Southend.

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/11/06/florida-developer-prolific-in-charlotte-acquires.html

https://www.charlotteagenda.com/119830/new-retail-possible-brewery-coming-tremont-avenue-south-end/

This was the original plan so maybe since Fat Head's dropped the plan changed to add the extra stories to one of the buildings.

Edited by SouthEndCLT811