SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

I agree with RDF, depending on how they handle the details it could be nice.  It's not going to win any awards, but nice.  And I'll take this over any 6 story stucco and hardie board building going up.

Also wish it was just a little bit taller, I mean give me an extra couple of floors and let it stand out a little bit. 

Edited by jtmonk
  • Like 2

Listen, I don't love it but I like the window sizes. They are very big, compared to lets say Novel Stonewall. The detaling around the windows looks nice too, and its precast vs. EIFS, which is also nice. This will come down to what color they make it to be honest.

https://www.kpf.com/projects/55-hudson-yards

It sort of reminds me of a poor mans 55 hudson yards. An extremely poor mans LOL

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, carolinaboy said:

Bummer. Can pre-cast concrete be made to look like brick?

yes, theres a lot of stamped brick concrete at crosswalks in charlotte lol. but I don't think this will be made to look like brick. 

1 hour ago, kermit said:

^ Just what Southend needs, Soviet-style brutalism to break up the "beigeing"-style EFIS

That is not brutalism. Too many windows; windows are broken into panes; apparent (indicated) textured finish. I'd say this looks like "high rise modernistic humanism," a term which nobody else in the world uses.