SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

I knew a man who had a place at The Arlington. He and his partner bought early. The choice was this unit, though on the opposite corner of the building. Same design. Look at that photo #2. Outside space, as much as inside!It is the first residential floor above the parking podium. I attended a party he threw and was astounded. Not jealous, just amazed at the opportunity. This outdoor space is all his, no sharing. Plus from his terrace no way to see his building, an extra advantage.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/315-Arlington-Ave-UNIT-501-Charlotte-NC-28203/63813539_zpid/

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, j-man said:

Those Bainbridge SouthEnd apartments are the definition of apartments that don't have to have those tacky color schemes for a place to look nice. 

I was going to say, thought TBC did a fantastic job. Toured a couple weeks back and it is very well done throughout.

On the other hand, the yellow portion of the Pepsi apartments is hideous, especially as you look at it from the rail trail.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lancer22 said:

I was going to say, thought TBC did a fantastic job. Toured a couple weeks back and it is very well done throughout.

On the other hand, the yellow portion of the Pepsi apartments is hideous, especially as you look at it from the rail trail.

OMG yes! I was thinking of that. I just do not understand how the colors of some apartments can be so ugly, when it is literally the easiest thing when designing them. like...

1 minute ago, j-man said:

OMG yes! I was thinking of that. I just do not understand how the colors of some apartments can be so ugly, when it is literally the easiest thing when designing them. like...

Step 1: stick with neutral colors that have a 0% chance of sucking

Step 2: repeat step 1

9 minutes ago, lancer22 said:

Step 1: stick with neutral colors that have a 0% chance of sucking

tep 2: repeat step 1

Right, but color is still good. Maybe if these developers had actual visually, not just technically creative people working for them, then it would work out.  Like Harding Place (below)  apartments are like 90% grey with a pop of like teal and the sleekness are all so simple but look very nice and not cheap. 

7-D815901-9563-4-B47-8-EC6-6-BD4-AEDBE9-E3.jpg

Edited by j-man
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, lewy2000 said:

Haven't seen this mentioned elsewhere...

Eighteen town homes being developed across from the Holiday Inn Express to the left of the Stop N Go on W. Kingston Ave.  Land is currently occupied by four SFHs that once were combined to create a daycare, now closed.

They've been denied several times by the HDC due to height, materials, offsets, etc. so who knows when/if this ever gets off the ground.

wilmore2.JPG

wilmore.JPG

Rejecting it because of height. hah. Just wait until theres a 200' building at the opposite corner of W. Park and S. Tryon from Park & Kingston Annex and a 150' tall building at the corner of West & S. Tryon

Edited by Guest

4 minutes ago, lewy2000 said:

Say what? Details please.

So Im pretty certain that every commercial developer that does urban format development is currently courting Honeywell to come to SouthEnd. Spectrum Southend, Portman Southend, Beacon, Childress Klein, Crescent, everybody and their uncle (Lincoln Harris courting them to go to SouthPark) I'd imagine Cousins would be showing them the land Dimensional owns across the street from Dimensional Place.  So you'd be looking at 180-200 feet right there beside and behind Elder Gallery. This is pure unconfirmed conjecture, not meant to be construed as fact.

Edited by Guest

51 minutes ago, cltbwimob said:

So what you’re saying is that DFA is bringing their corporate hq to Charlotte from Austin to have greater access to our deep pool of financial talent...

Just kidding...but seriously...it should happen.

But instead they choose Nashville definitely not because of the incentives but because they are totally afraid of talent being poached

Shots fired

as for Dimensional Funds I think they plan most of their future growth here given the size of this building.  However I think the HQ will stay in Austin.  Top execs love no state income tax  but those Texas property taxes OUCH .   I saw 45 openings on their careers page in Austin vs 15 in Charlotte.   But long term the financial pool  of workers is better in Charlotte and they know it. 

• Like 4