SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

Rising up from the peak of Wilmore Heights. 

On 2/6/2019 at 5:52 PM, kermit said:

Edit: Sorry about the tease, there were a bunch of student projects from the UNCC MUD program up on the walls tonight. It looked like to project was for a Charlotte Gold Museum plus office space. I couldn’t resist seeing what it would feel like if I was the guy with the rendering (I am never the guy with the rendering).  None of you guys took the bait so I promise not to do it again.

[slinks away with a twinge of guilt] 

72630BBD-CDC5-4B1D-82CD-AB5B40992D48.jpeg

The article mentions the creator of the 5 story toothpick palace is named Tim Smith who before this time had trouble making an affordable project in Los Angeles area known as Little Tokyo. The completed project is named Casa Heiwa which is Spanish for House (Casa) and Japanese for Peace (Heiwa). A frightful mashup.

50 minutes ago, QCxpat said:

Nice overview  of South End developments by Jessica Swannie at Charlotte Agenda, “Your Guide to what’s coming to South End - from the Railyard to The Design Center,” 02/20/2019.   Jessica talks about The Railyard, Rhino Market, Ernst & Young, WeWork, The Design Center, Jeni’s Ice Creams, Superica, Hawkers Asian Street Fare, Barcelona Wine Bar, The Candle Bar, Flower Child, and Dimensional Place.  Nice pics.

https://www.charlottefive.com/south-end-railyard-design-center/

You're kidding that this is nice right? LOL, the article says "what's coming" yet 90% of it is what is already open. Doesn't even scratch the surface.....RDF is working on some gold

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, SgtCampsalot said:

... said Jayvee, imperiously:

tenor.gif

I mean he's not wrong haha. It fell pretty short about whats actually planned. Theres way cooler stuff PLANNED, than what has basically already opened for the most part.

10 minutes ago, Hunted said:

^ I can't describe how much better that will look than low-hanging string lights erected by shoddy bean poles. Hopefully this is the beginning of the elimination of the outdated lights and wires everywhere.

Please!! I couldn't agree more! It would make  historic Southend look more near and updated to go along with its beautiful additions and renovations. 

^Considering the developer is behind Optimist Hall, I'm very optimistic (see what I did haha) about this! It's a nice building so I hope they don't knock it down.

Now, let's get the Miller Services building (can't remember if it has another name) properly used, it would be a great food hall à la Reading Terminal Market IMO.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tarhoosier said:

Crossland Studios, the architectural antiques business here was originally in a now parking area next to Tyber Creek 200 East Tremont. A barn/storage building, dirt floor. 

They will be closing down shop, and their space will be turned into a restaurant.

9 minutes ago, EllAyyDub said:

This is not true.  Their development partner on Optimist Hall, Paces Properties, did Krog in Atlanta. 

sorry I am mistaken.   White Point Partners is the Charlotte partner with Paces on Optimist Hall and here are the rest of their projects locally.  

https://whitepointpartners.com/

Edited by KJHburg
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SgtCampsalot said:

Thank you both for the clarification. I keep calling them "White Point Paces"

Thats my fault probably. I mistakenly call them that a lot, including on this board. The company has yelled at me for that a few times.

Edited by Guest