SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

I have found it interesting they went with a mobile crawler crane for this project.

Going to be topped out by October, so no need to erect tower crane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Longest apartment complex in Charlotte?! I assume this place will only have surface parking, no deck?

Yep. It’s all surface parking. Which bums me out. It had a good amount of retail though. Good luck leasing most of the spaces though.

I gotta say it’s actually nuts how many projects are being built right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 8/4/2019 at 11:27 AM, j-man said:

It’s almost scary seeing this many apartments being built in the same general area. This has to be the most apartment populated neighborhood in the city of Charlotte. Maybe most apartments side by side in the country. Lol 

I can say that the four new places around N Davidson St that just opened have made all of their leasing efforts tough. There were three traditional apartment communities in the area previously (not counting boutique styles or condos), so it nearly doubled this Summer.

I can't imagine what it's like all over South End. The difference being there is more retail and services, so it is an all-around draw.

• Like 3

On 8/5/2019 at 8:05 AM, JHart said:

Could not agree more. Especially because the brick on the South Blvd. side of this project actually looks nice. If they kept the dark brick all the way around instead of the white it wouldn't look this bad. That deck is abhorrent, can't believe there was a committee that said this was acceptable on a historic site. It looks like they barely left 30 feet between the mill and the new development!

Crescent wasn't responsible for the parking deck. Edens was.

1 minute ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

Where is that exactly? I can't place it.

This is the old small strip where Owens Bagels used to be, it was purchased and is being revamped for new retail tenants. They even dug the basement several feet further into the ground in order to get tenant space down there. 

You probably remember it looking like this.

image.thumb.png.936fcbb892c7de7ac87d68563609c332.png

Edited by Guest

The ground slopes downward from the street there and there was a semi basement or full height basement under those stores. Long ago there was a used bookstore there in the lower level facing Cleveland Avenue before the internet put them and their kin out of business. I guess they are making a full lower level with walk out availability.

1 hour ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

Ahh, gotcha. Thanks. I still haven’t made it to Snooze in PM but am familiar with them from Denver. I’m always happy to have another breakfast place around town!

Most important Meal of the Day