SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

26 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Original plan by Centro Cityworks  was 12 floors office, retail and had a dozen vendor stalls lining the light rail. 

image.thumb.png.96c043c5a881045f12ba138781c0fcd7.png

New plan we will see. It will be high rise office with retail.

How far along is this project?  Would this front S Blvd and extend to Tupelo Honey?  I really didn’t expect to see a large project here, but with Lowe’s, this makes sense.  The Lowe’s project along with Lendingtree, Dimension and tenants at Railyard are paving the way for a lot more development in this area.  

I was in Greenville recently which has a nice downtown.  But, we really are lucky to see so many projects of all types happening in just about every part of CLT.  I always forget how much is happening here until I go to other places like Greenville. Don’t get me wrong, Greenville is nice and  growing at a moderate pace, we are just lucky to see so much in CLT that is built and occupied from day1.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, CLT_sc said:

How far along is this project?  Would this front S Blvd and extend to Tupelo Honey?  I really didn’t expect to see a large project here, but with Lowe’s, this makes sense.  The Lowe’s project along with Lendingtree, Dimension and tenants at Railyard are paving the way for a lot more development in this area.  

I was in Greenville recently which has a nice downtown.  But, we really are lucky to see so many projects of all types happening in just about every part of CLT.  I always forget how much is happening here until I go to other places like Greenville. Don’t get me wrong, Greenville is nice and  growing at a moderate pace, we are just lucky to see so much in CLT that is built and occupied from day1.

I'd say pretty far along since they are doing soil sampling. 

Also, might not be office, but it'll definitely be high density, and I'd imagine have a nice Rail Trail presence. I'd imagine it'll wrap around the church, and extend to South Blvd.

Edited by Guest

6 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

So much Furman it's crazy

We’re nothing in the QC if not consistent.  Levine never builds ANYTHING, Furman recycles ALL of his designs, and EVERYONE else makes the bold choice of going with a lovely shade of Charlotte beige.

Edited by cltcane
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I don't think it's fair at all to say that Furman recycles designs. I think they have a language - a style - that comes through in their work, but it's all unique in its way.

Agreed 100%. Some of the best buildings in Charlotte are Furman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Agreed 100%. Some of the best buildings in Charlotte are Furman.

I agree, and I like his work and really appreciate his commitment to making Charlotte a more livable urban center, but I just wish his designs were less obviously his, if that makes sense.  Every rendering we get from Furman screams his name, and, to me, each new rendering just gets a bit less interesting because of that.

Also, I see we are all in a serious mood tonight.  Tried to poke fun at our favorite snake oil salesman and remind everyone that beige is Charlotte’s official color, but now I’m just the David Furman hater. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

P.S. - I would be THRILLED if this gets built here.

Edited by cltcane
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, kermit said:

More drilling, but different crew and rig today at the future Furman site.

6B93EA43-F7BC-4F4E-99CD-F9778689AE23.jpeg

*CORRECTION*

Not a Furman site, at least not that I know of. It was once a idea by Furman, being realized by likely someone else.

25 minutes ago, AP3 said:

I spy screening being applied to the deck at Atherton...
19bffc58e1063989b5de77b987519268.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably only enough to take this deck from an F to a D, but I'll take it.

I will say though, when driving from uptown on South Blvd., this project looks sharp before you hit the curve and see the deck. I think the brick and windows and black metal trim on the first floor look excellent.  Signage looks good too. 

• Like 1

On 9/11/2019 at 9:11 AM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Original plan by Centro Cityworks  was 12 floors office, retail and had a dozen vendor stalls lining the light rail. 

image.thumb.png.96c043c5a881045f12ba138781c0fcd7.png

New plan we will see. It will be high rise office with retail.

Has anyone pointed out the classic Furman Confetti decoration at the back?  a tell tale sign that the rear of of this will be another MASSIVE parking deck. overlooking Camden

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, captainjack said:

From Atherton's marketing video, it looks like this small portion is all that will be covered :ermm: Really hoping this isn't the case and that more is covered. Would love to see something similar to the unique garage mural in NoDa facing the light rail.

Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 8.32.48 PM.png

This is how people become radicalized....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, captainjack said:

From Atherton's marketing video, it looks like this small portion is all that will be covered :ermm: Really hoping this isn't the case and that more is covered. Would love to see something similar to the unique garage mural in NoDa facing the light rail.

Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 8.32.48 PM.png

image.thumb.png.1e2963766fd353bf4faff0ff6e115c12.png

LOL, yea I think this is the only place getting screening.