SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, tarhoosier said:

I was driving up South and this arrested my eyes. I had to go around the block to be certain what I saw. The top of the letter N is one full brick height higher than the top of the letter A.

It looked off at first glance and my photo shows my eyes were right. Top work, this.

IMG_0651.thumb.JPG.92469f51215c98576e9402c02e1881e6.JPG

FFEDC28C-863B-44D6-9B84-95FEED9B6734.jpeg

Crescent is somehow managing to make Danny Levine look less bad.

Edited by kermit
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

I was driving up South and this arrested my eyes. I had to go around the block to be certain what I saw. The top of the letter N is one full brick height higher than the top of the letter A.

It looked off at first glance and my photo shows my eyes were right. Top work, this.

IMG_0651.thumb.JPG.92469f51215c98576e9402c02e1881e6.JPG

gallows for this

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

They had the brick mortar joint to follow. That was all they had to do, just follow the joint. Uh, well, maybe a joint was involved in another sense.

Don't you get it?  After all the brouhaha from the "bathroom bill" a few years ago, they are trying to make a bold statement:  They don't want Atherton to be completely straight.

• 2 weeks later...

Lower Southend (LoSo) is definitely beginning to pick up steam.  Lennar Multifamily (LMC) has an active rezoning petition (2019-132) for Verbena Street.  Trying to get TOD-TR zoning which could allow for up to a 3/4 story apartment building.  Just amazing to see how fixed Rail Mass Transit is quickly changing this area.

• Like 4

I lived in Sedgefield when Silos South End was being built (who could miss those iconic silos that they preserved?), but I did not realize "Solis Southline" was right next to it.

Couple years past, and I see "Solis Dilworth," et al, and I think to myself "oh, I guess it was "Solis South End," after all? So I find myself correcting people when they mention "Silos South End," I say "Oh, you mean SOLIS South End?"

Now I'm doing a cursory search of apts in the area, and the truth is laid bare... has anyone else had this confusion?

silosolis.JPG

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, SgtCampsalot said:

I lived in Sedgefield when Silos South End was being built (who could miss those iconic silos that they preserved?), but I did not realize "Solis Southline" was right next to it.

Couple years past, and I see "Solis Dilworth," et al, and I think to myself "oh, I guess it was "Solis South End," after all? So I find myself correcting people when they mention "Silos South End," I say "Oh, you mean SOLIS South End?"

Now I'm doing a cursory search of apts in the area, and the truth is laid bare... has anyone else had this confusion?

silosolis.JPG

I live in Solis and sometimes have trouble with Uber’s trying to pick me up from Silos right across the street. Kind of annoying some times. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

From the Charlotte Ledger's Monday email and if you are not subscribing to this you should be:

I too have heard rumors of land sale here behind the Grace Covenant Church and since it is zoned UMUD it can be as tall as it wants to be.  Same zoning as the Lowes tech tower site.  High land price means tall building! 

""Real estate rumblings: Something big near key East/South boulevard corner?
There has been a lot of chatter lately about an apparent upcoming land sale near a prime South End corner — near the intersection of East and South boulevards, behind Grace Covenant Church. It’s either the worst-kept secret in local commercial real estate — at least a half-dozen local real-estate types have mentioned it to the Ledger — or somebody is masterful at spreading disinformation.   The intrigue surrounds a couple parcels owned by Browder-Harris Management Co. Property records show it owns three parcels there totaling about 2 acres, including land that’s now home to Tupelo Honey (the old Pewter Rose space), the parking lot behind it and The Manchester (formerly The Liberty). It does not own the church. Nobody said to be involved is talking publicly about it — not even usually chatty restaurant owners. (A Tupelo Honey spokeswoman told the Ledger she is “happy to set up an interview once we have more information to share.”)    Prime land, high price: The alleged deal is attracting attention because it is in a prime space — next to the East/West Boulevard light rail stop — and because the supposed sales price is possibly among the highest paid for land in that area, if not in all of Charlotte outside the I-277 loop. Those parcels are zoned for mixed-use.   Is it possible this is a baseless rumor? Yeah, it’s possible. But it’s a fact that people who do commercial real estate for a living and usually know what they’re talking about believe this is a big deal about to happen.""

Subscribe here if you want to   https://charlotteledger.substack.com/

These rumors plus the chatter here that we'll hear of a big jobs announcement later this year, plus Lowe's tower acting as a "proof of concept" tall tower for that area... seems like something really really big is coming and it's going to be right at this location.