SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

Charlotte Observer reporter,  Business Journal, Charlotte Agenda, Charlotte Ledger reporters all talking about growth in SouthEnd.    And it was a no mans land several years ago just 1 story warehouse and light manufacturing buildings.  It is about 49 minutes but you can listen while you work LOL

https://www.wfae.org/post/charlotte-talks-business-news-roundup-big-changes-coming-southend-dilworth-bank-competition#stream/0

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, nakers2 said:

Am I the only one here that cringes every time Mike Collins mentions "where is everyone gonna park" and "where's all the traffic gonna go?" in every other sentence. I don't know where he lives but I'm gonna assume a single family home in the suburbs, or Southpark depending on what public radio pays these days. 

No you're not the only one.  I caught about 15 minutes of this conversation today and heard Mike ask multiple times about traffic/road widening; I wanted to scream at him (I may have actually)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, abttown said:

No you're not the only one.  I caught about 15 minutes of this conversation today and heard Mike ask multiple times about traffic/road widening; I wanted to scream at him (I may have actually)

I've been listening to it on Spotify and he's on numerous occasions criticized city planners for not thinking about traffic, he's asked where people are going to park, that only a "small percentage" walk and take the blue line, etc. What's more, his guests, who are all development writers for various local publications did little if anything to correct him. What really pissed me off was when they were talking about how East Boulevard is only one lane in each direction and how the Starbucks on the corner of Easy and Kenilworth "didn't have enough parking." 

I normally like Mike Collins but I've lost a lot of respect for his credibility on this. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nakers2 said:

Am I the only one here that cringes every time Mike Collins mentions "where is everyone gonna park" and "where's all the traffic gonna go?" in every other sentence. I don't know where he lives but I'm gonna assume a single family home in the suburbs, or Southpark depending on what public radio pays these days. 

I kept wishing I had a bag of bagels to throw at the wall when I was listening. I'm currently trying to get on as a guest next month.

17 minutes ago, nakers2 said:

... his guests, who are all development writers for various local publications did little if anything to correct him...

those guys have to do what they can to remain subjective, as journalists. Tony did correct him about East Blvd though. That said, I didn't think Mike gave anyone nearly enough breathing room to respond to the parking and traffic claims

Edited by Guest

One more thing on this interview:  Wake Forest is NOT moving their medical school to Charlotte they are establishing a branch here in Charlotte but the main campus will remain in Winston.  and it is the Innovation Quarter in downtown Winston too something like an urban research park with tech and research operations.  

Tell Mike Collins that Superica will open in Strawberry Hill with ample parking late next spring early summer. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, nakers2 said:

This is why I have satellite radio, I can’t listen to comments like this on any radio station.

18 hours ago, nakers2 said:

Finally someone mentioned "does Brooklyn worry about parking when they build a new tower"?  No!   NYC business don't suffer due to a lack of parking.  Density brings business.  Hopefully we get somewhere close to that one day.

• Like 2