SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

I live near DC, but enjoyed the South End Rail Trail on past visits to Charlotte.  I'm curious about how the Rail Trail along Atherton Mill turned out.  Could someone who uses the Rail Trail along that stretch please snap a few pictures and post them?  Thanks very much! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SteveDH said:

I live near DC, but enjoyed the South End Rail Trail on past visits to Charlotte.  I'm curious about how the Rail Trail along Atherton Mill turned out.  Could someone who uses the Rail Trail along that stretch please snap a few pictures and post them?  Thanks very much! 

So the Atherton stretch is not done yet, but it'll include tiered stadium style seating areas, gathering spaces for entertainment, and a "Parisian" style alley with strung lights between Indaco, and the new Legion Brewery.

3 minutes ago, kermit said:

Something appears to be afoot at the S Tryon-Woodcrest, Worthington intersection (a block South of Bojangles #1). The old service station and adjacent zero lot line building (facing Woodcrest-Tryon) are now fenced in and (it appears) are about to be demoed. This whole side of Tryon is going to look very different soon.

5625AFEC-BBAA-4632-9BC2-49A07B79175C.jpeg

Thank God, that convenient store was a crack addict hot spot 

2 hours ago, kermit said:

Something appears to be afoot at the S Tryon-Woodcrest, Worthington intersection (a block South of Bojangles #1). The old service station and adjacent zero lot line building (facing Woodcrest-Tryon) are now fenced in and (it appears) are about to be demoed. This whole side of Tryon is going to look very different soon.

5625AFEC-BBAA-4632-9BC2-49A07B79175C.jpeg

If my memory serves me right, this is a medium sized Condo development, gasp.

31 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Yes or for sale townhomes but it is residential which is good. 

Its not townhomes. I'm pretty sure its a for sale mid rise with structured parking. They started to put together a sales team not long ago.

16 hours ago, kermit said:

This is a weird one. Fencing  is up around the back building at Crossland studios (rail trail and Kingston). It’s weird because all of the businesses in both buildings appear to still be operating. So I guess this is nothing?

351BC633-9993-4027-9B16-7CFA067AF48C.jpeg

174627D1-2630-402D-A92C-00B9C96A1D73.jpeg

parking lot, landscape and hardscape improvements.

image.thumb.png.2cd6876736a9639e7ffaf62b1d6c8c56.png

Edited by Guest

I walked the South Boulevard bridge yesterday afternoon with no problems. I see people using the S Blvd bridge rarely, though. As architecture it is attractive. The double arch seems to have a larger/additional bridge support at the highway level? I like the single span best. It reminds me of a stringed instrument.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

I walked the South Boulevard bridge yesterday afternoon with no problems. I see people using the S Blvd bridge rarely, though. As architecture it is attractive. The double arch seems to have a larger/additional bridge support at the highway level? I like the single span best. It reminds me of a stringed instrument.

The single is more eye catching, but the double has more capacity, more overlooks, and is way more functional.

28 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

Surely there will be high fencing and restrictions to prevent dotards throwing objects (and themselves) at the vehicles below. Does not render well in dream sketches but it will happen.

None of the current crossings have high fences. Not sure why this pedestrian bridge would have to be the exception.

• Like 1