SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

15 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

image.thumb.png.974bbf4c056a16c33a2119622cc3ced6.png

Some big time land changed hands. Carolina Foods has made their first step toward selling their land, and Childress Klein bought Newton & Newton now controlling the next phase of the Design Center.

Just wanted to make sure this didn't get lost in all the discussion of the ugly hotel. If Carolina Foods is going to sell their land as a chunk that's a BIG development. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Madison Parkitect said:

Just wanted to make sure this didn't get lost in all the discussion of the ugly hotel. If Carolina Foods is going to sell their land as a chunk that's a BIG development. 

They own 21 parcels city wide in some VERY prominent areas. I recommend going to http://polaris3g.mecklenburgcountync.gov and typing "Commercial Development Holdings LLC" they own a lot! NoDa, LoSo, everywhere.

Edited by Guest

Just now, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

They own 21 parcels city wide in some VERY prominent areas. I recommend going to http://polaris3g.mecklenburgcountync.gov and typing "Commercial Development Holdings LLC" they own a lot in very prominent areas.

Including a big chunk just across the blue line tracks from the LoSo brewery district. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

They own 21 parcels city wide in some VERY prominent areas. I recommend going to http://polaris3g.mecklenburgcountync.gov and typing "Commercial Development Holdings LLC" they own a lot! NoDa, LoSo, everywhere.

"Commercial Development Holdings LLC" is such a great name. Might as well call it "We're Cashing Out Soon LLC"

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Madison Parkitect said:

"Commercial Development Holdings LLC" is such a great name. Might as well call it "We're Cashing Out Soon LLC"

SosId: 1928409
Annual Report Status: Current
Citizenship: Domestic
Date Formed: 12/18/2019
Registered Agent: Scarborough, Paul R.

Addresses

Reg Office
1807 S. Tryon St
Charlotte, NC 28203

Reg Mailing
1807 S. Tryon St
Charlotte, NC 28203

12 minutes ago, hambone931 said:

Including a big chunk just across the blue line tracks from the LoSo brewery district. 

16 acres, and honestly maybe perfect for a certain German Brewery

3 minutes ago, kermit said:

Noticed that German Brewery now has a tap at Duckworths uptown.

but don't tell anyone that another brewery is opening... because people are really anti brewery. I don't understand.

I just hope if the bakery leaves that site they stay in the county as manufacturing jobs are important and maybe they can relocate to an opportunity zone.   Smart people in real estate and with holdings always know when to cash out and move on.  

what German brewery are we talking about I forget???  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

I just hope if the bakery leaves that site they stay in the county as manufacturing jobs are important and maybe they can relocate to an opportunity zone.   Smart people in real estate and with holdings always know when to cash out and move on.  

what German brewery are we talking about I forget???  

Gilde

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/biz-columns-blogs/whats-in-store/article231928643.html

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

what does the article say I can't read it. 

A German brewer that’s been in business since the 16th century is planning a massive brewery in Charlotte that will eventually have the capacity to brew up to 500,000 barrels per year. That’s almost 25 times the capacity of Olde Mecklenburg, Charlotte’s biggest brewery.

Gilde, based in Hannover, Germany, has been brewing beer since 1546. The company’s CEO, Karsten Uhlmann, has lived in Cornelius for about a year as he and his team quietly put their plans together to expand into Charlotte, their first U.S. market.

Ultimately, Uhlmann said, Gilde plans to open a brewery in “a dynamic part of Charlotte” that’s roughly 100,000 square feet, or about the size of a department store.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anybody know what the rezoning request is for at Mr K’s and Leather & lace?  I know that family owns at atleast those 2 lots maybe the nursery behind it.  Saw a rezoning sign on the pole out front.  Can’t believe they haven’t put a ton of money into a Reno of L&L the past 5 years for all the new apts in the hood.  It’s a great location.  Guess they didn’t have a long lease left

• Like 1

9 hours ago, QClifer said:

Anybody know what the rezoning request is for at Mr K’s and Leather & lace?  I know that family owns at atleast those 2 lots maybe the nursery behind it.  Saw a rezoning sign on the pole out front.  Can’t believe they haven’t put a ton of money into a Reno of L&L the past 5 years for all the new apts in the hood.  It’s a great location.  Guess they didn’t have a long lease left

It's just the 102 rezoning for the entire TOD, they haven't taken all these down yet.