atlrvr

SouthEnd Midrise Projects

Anybody know what the rezoning request is for at Mr K’s and Leather & lace?  I know that family owns at atleast those 2 lots maybe the nursery behind it.  Saw a rezoning sign on the pole out front.  Can’t believe they haven’t put a ton of money into a Reno of L&L the past 5 years for all the new apts in the hood.  It’s a great location.  Guess they didn’t have a long lease left

• Like 1

9 hours ago, QClifer said:

Anybody know what the rezoning request is for at Mr K’s and Leather & lace?  I know that family owns at atleast those 2 lots maybe the nursery behind it.  Saw a rezoning sign on the pole out front.  Can’t believe they haven’t put a ton of money into a Reno of L&L the past 5 years for all the new apts in the hood.  It’s a great location.  Guess they didn’t have a long lease left

It's just the 102 rezoning for the entire TOD, they haven't taken all these down yet.

20 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Gilde? last time I talked to my POC, the answer was yes, and that was maybe 3 weeks ago

What's going in the LIDL land? We know you know

30 minutes ago, dylansukkert said:

Is this already under construction?

no the taller tower is proposed at the LoSo station site at the Scaleybark station but they are starting in a few months a 5 story office building smaller one. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

What a change in the plans for this project. This project is going to bring ANOTHER big tower to South End. Does this warrant its own thread?

image.png

Also definitely feels like the people doing the rendering stuck another project on top of this  one to get it out the door....

8 hours ago, CLT> said:

Also definitely feels like the people doing the rendering stuck another project on top of this  one to get it out the door....

I'm really not sure why this was reported. @Jayvee and I had these renderings more than a month ago, and were told they were "for pricing only" and "not gonna happen" and "not worth sharing"

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I'm really not sure why this was reported. @Jayvee and I had these renderings more than a month ago, and were told they were "for pricing only" and "not gonna happen" and "not worth sharing"

Seems like Beacon themselves is pushing it. Maybe there is a big fish looking for 1,000,000sqft of Commercial right now. 

Just remember what Spectrum Properties CEO said he had several tenants tell him at Vantage Southend they did not have enough space yet and they have approx. 300K so obviously this Beacon project on steroids is being pushed.  Their Square tower is only 150K.   and those who say it won't happen have been wrong plenty of times in the past.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Just remember what Spectrum Properties CEO said he had several tenants tell him at Vantage Southend they did not have enough space yet and they have approx. 300K so obviously this Beacon project on steroids is being pushed.  Their Square tower is only 150K.   and those who say it won't happen have been wrong plenty of times in the past.

I think the "Never happen" folks are correct 80% of the time.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Miscellaneous Southend projects and there are a lot of them underway.

1. Charlotte Beer Garden S Tryon    

IMG_0834.JPG

I don't know if they had to do it (because of engineering necessity), if they were made to do it (by the city, due to current setback requirements), or if they chose to do it--obviously the preferable option--but I really, really appreciate how the set the building back a few feet from the front of the adjoining historic building, so it isn't eclipsed and shows off, which is good for the entire block--which makes it good for the Beer Garden.  A+

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, ertley said:

I don't know if they had to do it (because of engineering necessity), if they were made to do it (by the city, due to current setback requirements), or if they chose to do it--obviously the preferable option--but I really, really appreciate how the set the building back a few feet from the front of the adjoining historic building, so it isn't eclipsed and shows off, which is good for the entire block--which makes it good for the Beer Garden.  A+

required set back, previous orientation was grandfathered.

• Like 1

Any word on what's going down at 300 Rampart? Someone from NY paid a bunch of money for it in late 2019 and now there is a permit filed for it. Seems like for the price  paid it should warrant more than just an adaptive re-use of the site.

image.png.36f3d6b96825b0313dfe47f9e924c6fb.png

12 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

CLTDevelopement is reporting new hotel planned for corner of S Tryon and Bland on Twitter.  Thus is surface lot between Railyard and Charlotte Beer Garden.

Sounds like a good location to me with all office growth.    Previously posted this in wrong thread

Are they taking McLaren of Charlotte too?