SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

24 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

BBM is the architect for 1200 S Mint apartment currently in pre-development for Grubb.  I'd guess this was a competing design proposal that is headed to the dust bin, but not sure.

Correct, this was something that was cooked up before Grubb had it under contract, so this will just go in the files of what could have been

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, KJHburg said:

ArchitectAd.jpg

Can’t wait to see the colors more on this one. I bet people who don’t live in Charlotte if they visit would think that SouthEnd is actually the city’s midtown, because it’s really the second most urban part of the entire city (maybe more than Southpark as well).

7 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Yes I was told this tower plan is dead but it is interesting but others are in the works.

...but others are in the works...

Lets see if the economy allows that.

3 minutes ago, Tyree Ricardo said:

...but others are in the works...

Lets see if the economy allows that.

This too shall pass and if companies want to lower costs some choose to announce a relocation to new city that is cheaper and hope to take 50% of their people.  Charlotte continues to be attractive in this regard especially in comparison to NYC and other NE markets. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KJHburg said:

This too shall pass and if companies want to lower costs some choose to announce a relocation to new city that is cheaper and hope to take 50% of their people.  Charlotte continues to be attractive in this regard especially in comparison to NYC and other NE markets. 

Really will depend on how productive people are working from home. 

F' an Apple store. A new Sears Outlet going in on Rampart (just behind Pins).

Lookin' good.

[There is a serious property owner dilemma in Southend: Should they fence off your old warehouse while its under construction, or keep the gate open so you can collect parking revenue from folks driving to Sycamore? This guy choose to leave the gate open to his construction site, and the Park Mobile signs inside the property suggested that it was not a trespassing situation. ]

019EFF39-95FE-45D5-886E-37F36530665E.jpeg

Edited by kermit
  • Haha 4

So the Bradham actually did build the sidewalk connecting South (near Elmhurst) to the rail trail. Its not particularly obvious from the rail trail end however. I am irritated that Solis did not do the same (across from Southbound).

61025719-2990-4FEF-941B-5163046CE1BB.jpeg

02870805-6C40-4BE2-9A92-293C71D94AF6.jpeg

Edited by kermit
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, kermit said:

So the Bradham actually did build the sidewalk connecting South (near Elmhurst) to the rail trail. Its not particularly obvious from the rail trail end however. I am irritated that Solis did not do the same (across from Southbound).

There is a path besides Solis Southline that i've used several times.  It is gated but has never been locked for me.   Enter/Exit by SouthEnd OG  Off Broadway Shoes.    Thanks for the info on Bradham's hidden path. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CriticalT said:

There is a path besides Solis Southline that i've used several times.  It is gated but has never been locked for me.   Enter/Exit by SouthEnd OG  Off Broadway Shoes.    Thanks for the info on Bradham's hidden path. 

Glad to know it exists, every time I looked at it, it appeared to be dog park only and always gated (which I interpreted as 'stay out')

47 minutes ago, norm21499 said:

Considering the way the economy seems to be heading, are there any predictions on which South End projects might not make it?

I don't think anyone would break ground in the next few weeks but once this passes and it will; I  am sure some projects will break ground.   all depends on how long this lasts. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

I don't think anyone would break ground in the next few weeks but once this passes and it will; I  am sure some projects will break ground.   all depends on how long this lasts. 

We have a very long way to go.  The weeks ahead are going to get really, really bad.  If you look at the current charting of the infection rates, the curve is going straight up.  We are nowhere near flattening the curve like they're doing in South Korea.  And the lack of availability of test kits is not only causing the situation to get more out of hand, but it is making it impossible for people to feel any sense of security.  I desperately want to see my parents, and my niece and nephew who have an autoimmune disease, but as long as there's no way of having the ability to be tested, I cannot be in their presence.  And none of us can feel safe being out and about.  That lack of confidence is going to linger for a long time to come, it's going to impact the entire service industry and the entire economy.  Which is going to put a great deal of pressure on developers to not move forward with these expensive projects.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

• Sad 2

Just got off the phone with a client based in NYC.  His wife is confirmed with coronavirus and he suspects he has it as well, along with 4-5 others in his department at work.  She has had a low-grade fever.  Initially she went to be tested and was denied because her temp had not yet reached 101.5.  Eventually, she went back and was tested.  Symptoms have mainly been low-grade fever and fatigue.  Doctor told her to assume nearly everyone in NYC has it. 

Important to distinguish "rate of detection" from "rate of infection."  Numbers coming out in the coming days/weeks will be staggering and alarming because they will "reveal" that the infection is pervasive.  As more data collected on how this virus plays out in a variety of "hosts," hopefully we'll start to feel the tide is turning and our lockdown procedures can be a bit more targeted.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RANYC said:

Just got off the phone with a client based in NYC.  His wife is confirmed with coronavirus and he suspects he has it as well, along with 4-5 others in his department at work.  She has had a low-grade fever.  Initially she went to be tested and was denied because her temp had not yet reached 101.5.  Eventually, she went back and was tested.  Symptoms have mainly been low-grade fever and fatigue.  Doctor told her to assume nearly everyone in NYC has it. 

Important to distinguish "rate of detection" from "rate of infection."  Numbers coming out in the coming days/weeks will be staggering and alarming because they will "reveal" that the infection is pervasive.  As more data collected on how this virus plays out in a variety of "hosts," hopefully we'll start to feel the tide is turning and our lockdown procedures can be a bit more targeted.

First, ditto to ertley's post.  This is bad, bad, bad.  Then I started reading your post and thought, OMG, because a half hour ago I was on the phone with my boss, who informed that his wife just got diagnosed with COVID-19.  For obvious reasons he thinks he's contracted it as well.  

Edited by JacksonH