SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

14 hours ago, KJHburg said:

I had forgotten or didn't know this 2100 South Tryon building had a separate out parcel building that I saw today in my drive by.  Very nice project.  

http://www.thriftcres.com/wp-content/uploads/2100-S-Tryon-Marketing-Flyer.pdf

IMG_6162.JPG

IMG_6163.JPG

IMG_6164.JPG

I love this building when I drive by it, but I really hope they eventually build over the ground parking with a second building

17 hours ago, KJHburg said:

These Broadstone apartments at W Morehead and S Tryon do look good better than most.  One day something might tower over them but that pool deck location looks over BizJournals building into uptown. 

IMG_6285.JPG

IMG_6286.JPG

This actually doesn’t look quite bad. I’m glad the colors chosen are very similar and compliment each other well. Not like all the other ones around SouthEnd that have like 6-8 exterior color schemes goin on. 

Edited by j-man
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

They ran out of steam (and money) after designing the Morehead elevation. The Tryon and other side elevations are just bad. I get pulling back on the interior and Winnifred side, but they treated the Tryon side like it's not a primary elevation.

• Like 1

City decides not to award housing trust fund money to Brookhill developer. Main reason cited was the size of the investment requested (over $150,000 per unit). Large request was said to be due to the site lease agreement which prevents the developer from getting federal affordable housing tax credits.

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2020/04/14/city-picks-nine-projects-to-recommend-for-housing.html

Edited by kermit
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, kermit said:

City decides not to award housing trust fund money to Brookhill developer. Main reason cited was the size of the investment requested (over $150,000 per unit). Large request was said to be due to the site lease agreement which prevents the developer from getting federal affordable housing tax credits.

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2020/04/14/city-picks-nine-projects-to-recommend-for-housing.html

Well damn. The Feds are going to force Brookhill to be torn down, those people are not going to likely return now, just because it will be to long of a period between tear down and Rebuild

8 hours ago, go_vertical said:

Really hoping that one still happens. 

I just think they will need an anchor tenant for the next year or maybe longer I dont think any office buildings will be started without an anchor tenant.   But there are always some out there if just local and looking for better and newer space. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, j-man said:

I forgot what the project is. Can I be informed again. 

It is unannounced and very speculative at this time but several people independently on this site have confirmed something is in the works for a major mixed use project on the rest of this block. 

• Like 1