SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

11 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

It is unannounced and very speculative at this time but several people independently on this site have confirmed something is in the works for a major mixed use project on the rest of this block. 

Ohhh ok. I think I remember. ThanlsThanks

• Like 2

On 4/24/2020 at 6:35 PM, kermit said:

Southend apartment development continues. 2.5 acres at Distribution and Dunavant. Groundbreaking not planned for 12-18 months accroding to CBJ. Time for folks to start creating a much better retail strip back there.

Apologies if I am late to this.

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2020/04/24/whats-in-the-works-at-south-end-site-after-two-d-c.html

I am trying to figure the plot for this. Either way, in 5 more years, I doubt there are may warehouses left in SouthEnd. That plots that are developable will be going tall as well. 

Speaking of which 400 units on 2.5 acres. That sounds like it will be more then a 7 story midrise. 

from yesterday this building that was going to be a multilevel entertainment and bar complex seems stalled (no construction workers present) anybody know any updates?  I cant even remember the name of it  (but I see it is was called the Platform)   but near the LYNX tracks crossing South Blvd across from the proposed Lidl site.    My thoughts this would be a really hard sell now  could be very problematic in the post pandemic world for dining and entertainment places.  

IMG_6994.JPG

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, KJHburg said:

from yesterday this building that was going to be a multilevel entertainment and bar complex seems stalled (no construction workers present) anybody know any updates?  I cant even remember the name of it  (but I see it is was called the Platform)   but near the LYNX tracks crossing South Blvd across from the proposed Lidl site.    My thoughts this would be a really hard sell now  could be very problematic in the post pandemic world for dining and entertainment places.  

IMG_6994.JPG

This place was a hard sell before the pandemic. I have a feeling it won't get financing. 

I Survived the 54 inch Water Main. Those were the words on t-shirts available in 1986-87 as the city replaced older smaller mains with this gigantic supply serving neighborhoods further out in the (mostly) newly annexed areas of the city. As with many events from around this period, internet archives are insufficient to document the times. Here is something I found that gives a flavor of the scope and problems. 

https://law.justia.com/cases/federal/appellate-courts/F2/930/23/151962/

My experience was that it went out Morehead Street in the center of Charlotte and then out Providence. I lived in Dilworth at the time. Can you imagine what traffic problems this would create now? 54 inch wide conduit with a large enough trench to accommodate men and equipment. Intersections closed for weeks. Somehow we survived. Businesses less so.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, tarhoosier said:

I Survived the 54 inch Water Main. Those were the words on t-shirts available in 1986-87 as the city replaced older smaller mains with this gigantic supply serving neighborhoods further out in the (mostly) newly annexed areas of the city. As with many events from around this period, internet archives are insufficient to document the times. Here is something I found that gives a flavor of the scope and problems. 

https://law.justia.com/cases/federal/appellate-courts/F2/930/23/151962/

My experience was that it went out Morehead Street in the center of Charlotte and then out Providence. I lived in Dilworth at the time. Can you imagine what traffic problems this would create now? 54 inch wide conduit with a large enough trench to accommodate men and equipment. Intersections closed for weeks. Somehow we survived. Businesses less so.

Was that one of the pieces of infrastructure that made Ballantyne possible?

13 minutes ago, kermit said:

The Brass Tap space is being gutted and the space at the S Tryon end has been refitted into restaurant looking space.

9E8043FF-7A22-4715-B0D5-D3FEE16AA156.jpeg

This will be VANA by the folks who did BARDO on Mint St. I grabbed this same shot today. 

I forgot to mention, My wife and I packed up and came down to Charlotte yesterday. 

Edited by Guest

7 minutes ago, Tyree Ricardo said:

This will be VANA by the folks who did BARDO on Mint St. I grabbed this same shot today. 

I forgot to mention, My wife and I packed up and came down to Charlotte yesterday. 

Welcome home!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tyree Ricardo said:

For clarity; Vana is at the corner. Brass Tap is gonna be a place called Vinyl