SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

5 hours ago, go_vertical said:

Has it been mentioned on here as to what is going up at the Palmer's auto service building at Tryon and Worthington? Nothing was listed on the development map. The fencing says "own a piece of South End" so I'm assuming townhomes but have my fingers crossed for condos. 

Its actually condos, an article unfortunately is escaping me at the moment. Also nothing has ever been submitted to planning. 45 condos, 3500 sq feet retail.

image.thumb.png.fc1b0d20d9c999ac4abd0a5cd145614e.png

EDIT: Side note, the developer doesn't even have a website. "Vertical Results" is the consultancy involved.

Edited by Guest
added info

2 hours ago, Tyree Ricardo said:

Its actually condos, an article unfortunately is escaping me at the moment. Also nothing has ever been submitted to planning. 45 condos, 3500 sq feet retail.

EDIT: Side note, the developer doesn't even have a website. "Vertical Results" is the consultancy involved.

Asked my friend who is working to represent it and here you go with the website for the Fulcrum Worthington.  It is condos for sale.  and there is a rendering.  Not sure when it starts or anything. 

https://fulcrumliving.com/

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Asked my friend who is working to represent it and here you go with the website for the Fulcrum Worthington.  It is condos for sale.  and there is a rendering.  Not sure when it starts or anything. 

https://fulcrumliving.com/

image.thumb.png.ba573fa8e0481997d0fcb621949ba6e8.pngLol one of my articles is featured.

4 minutes ago, Madison Parkitect said:

Yeah, I think I missed the news about this building. What in the world are they building there?

I am not a patron of the club so I have no idea who among us volunteers to go the club when it reopens and asks about the addition? 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Madison Parkitect said:

Is that really what they're doing? They're just renovating Leather and Lace? That's hilarious.

they are indeed. rooftop deck, much nicer more approachable front, and all the ladies are getting boob jobs and Lypo.

Paul Lawrence Dunbar, great American poet, high school classmate of Wright brother in Dayton. Namesake of streets and schools all across the country. A fine American, taken at 33 by TB. I stayed in the Dunbar Hotel in Knoxville in 1968 with college buddies in a quest to find the worst overnight accommodation possible.  (goal achieved)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, utcltjay said:

I Actually am buying one of them. I am lucky I signed the paperwork on opening day. The unit I got shot up 80k the next day. They sold 19 of the 31 units that day. 

they look great and is that painted brick on them.   Just like the David Weekley townhomes on Carson there will not be a lot of new townhomes this close to uptown anymore at least on the south end side of uptown.  Land values have just increased so much.  They look great! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KJHburg said:

they look great and is that painted brick on them.   Just like the David Weekley townhomes on Carson there will not be a lot of new townhomes this close to uptown anymore at least on the south end side of uptown.  Land values have just increased so much.  They look great! 

Thanks! It was the brick that kind of sold me. They told me it will be white brick, but not actually sure if it will be painted, or prestained from the brick factory. Only thing I am worried about is how much view I am going to lose from the Spectrum apartments being built across the street. 

• Like 3

On 5/17/2020 at 8:12 PM, KJHburg said:

according to their website these Altura townhomes are mostly under contract even I am looking at their site plan right.

https://alturasouthend.com/floorplans/

and @nicholas look at some of the cars featured.   of course these do start in the $600s

I like everything about them.  I live in South End and know the area inside and out.  The only problem is NS trains show no mercy at night when blaring their horns crossing the Summit Street intersection a half-mile away but that's something all of South End has to deal with.   The train vibrations alone might wake people up in Altura.    On the flip side, CLT Pipe and Foundry will close so the scent will be gone in a few years. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

I like everything about them.  I live in South End and know the area inside and out.  The only problem is NS trains show no mercy at night when blaring their horns crossing the Summit Street intersection a half-mile away but that's something all of South End has to deal with.   The train vibrations alone might wake people up in Altura.    On the flip side, CLT Pipe and Foundry will close so the scent will be gone in a few years. 

I know this is going to sound weird, but I kind of like the smell of smeltered iron, grew up in the NY area and it was somewhat of a normal thing. But I definitely won't miss it when it goes away. The train on the other hand might be irritating. 

• Like 2