SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

That's awesome.  I had no idea they were going here also.  I knew about the Refinery location just down the road, that still happening?

IMO QC Grounds is the best thing to come out of Charlotte in the last 5 years.  I hope they continue to do well and have ambitions to expand not just in the city, but beyond and even well beyond 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cadi40 said:

This is off topic but in addition to several other retailers, I'd like to see an Urban format Target take space in South End.  

Not a bad idea, there is enough room on the Tryon fronting side of Vantage for a small small format version.

1 minute ago, Tyree Ricardo said:

Not a bad idea, there is enough room on the Tryon fronting side of Vantage for a small small format version.

Confirmed Urban Target store at Vantage in South End, my work here is done

Edited by Cadi40
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tyree Ricardo said:

Yes, and a lot of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a shame there aren't more direct access points through the apartment superblocks along the RailTrail towards Dunavant/Hawkins Sts. Technically you can walk through them but it's not a clear route.

Maybe that can be changed when the station is put in. Would definitely help retail accessibility.

^ I am fairly certain  that this grassy trail is intended to be public access (it is not fenced at either end) from Hawkins to the rail trail. Unfortunately its become the defacto dog park so its a perilous journey.  It cries out for an actual sidewalk.

(at at the rail trail end this was the rail spur that served the Distribution and Dunavant sidings which are still visible on the sat view just to the South of what you see below)Spectrum trail.jpg

Edited by kermit
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, kermit said:

^ I am fairly certain  that this grassy trail is intended to be public access (it is not fenced at either end) from Hawkins to the rail trail. Unfortunately its become the defacto dog park so its a perilous journey.  It cries out for an actual sidewalk.

(at at the rail trail end this was the rail spur that served the Distribution and Dunavant sidings which are still visible on the sat view just to the South of what you see below)

This is a fire truck access lane that was required so that the rail trail side of the building can be accessed by emergency vehicles. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1