atlrvr

SouthEnd Midrise Projects

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

and @nicholas look at some of the cars featured.   of course these do start in the $600s

G-Class and Range Rover.  Peasant cars :lol:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, utcltjay said:

I Actually am buying one of them. I am lucky I signed the paperwork on opening day. The unit I got shot up 80k the next day. They sold 19 of the 31 units that day. 

they look great and is that painted brick on them.   Just like the David Weekley townhomes on Carson there will not be a lot of new townhomes this close to uptown anymore at least on the south end side of uptown.  Land values have just increased so much.  They look great! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KJHburg said:

they look great and is that painted brick on them.   Just like the David Weekley townhomes on Carson there will not be a lot of new townhomes this close to uptown anymore at least on the south end side of uptown.  Land values have just increased so much.  They look great! 

Thanks! It was the brick that kind of sold me. They told me it will be white brick, but not actually sure if it will be painted, or prestained from the brick factory. Only thing I am worried about is how much view I am going to lose from the Spectrum apartments being built across the street. 

• Like 2

On 5/17/2020 at 8:12 PM, KJHburg said:

according to their website these Altura townhomes are mostly under contract even I am looking at their site plan right.

https://alturasouthend.com/floorplans/

and @nicholas look at some of the cars featured.   of course these do start in the $600s

I like everything about them.  I live in South End and know the area inside and out.  The only problem is NS trains show no mercy at night when blaring their horns crossing the Summit Street intersection a half-mile away but that's something all of South End has to deal with.   The train vibrations alone might wake people up in Altura.    On the flip side, CLT Pipe and Foundry will close so the scent will be gone in a few years. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

I like everything about them.  I live in South End and know the area inside and out.  The only problem is NS trains show no mercy at night when blaring their horns crossing the Summit Street intersection a half-mile away but that's something all of South End has to deal with.   The train vibrations alone might wake people up in Altura.    On the flip side, CLT Pipe and Foundry will close so the scent will be gone in a few years. 

I know this is going to sound weird, but I kind of like the smell of smeltered iron, grew up in the NY area and it was somewhat of a normal thing. But I definitely won't miss it when it goes away. The train on the other hand might be irritating. 

• Like 1

That's awesome.  I had no idea they were going here also.  I knew about the Refinery location just down the road, that still happening?

IMO QC Grounds is the best thing to come out of Charlotte in the last 5 years.  I hope they continue to do well and have ambitions to expand not just in the city, but beyond and even well beyond