atlrvr

SouthEnd Midrise Projects

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Miscellaneous mid rises in Southend.  Today. 

IMG_9465.JPG

IMG_9466.JPG

I mean...do they design these apartments nowadays with their eyes closed..because the materials and colors just don’t look good at all together. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Designers were probably trying not to have a solid color along the building since this block is so long.  I think the different colors and patterns make it interesting to look at if not perfectly color matched.  I think it looks good and distinctive.

31 minutes ago, kermit said:

So this is pretty cool. Public art in a new plaza that really needs some public art (at the Bradham). Also a nod to “history” (Charlotte timeline history is different than history everywhere else). Its crushed Pepsi cans. 
(From the Charlotte Ledger)

F208000B-3F68-47AD-870C-BD9ED44B5D46.jpeg

199298AB-4BC3-40B7-BA31-33A355713643.jpeg

Will the barriers come down?

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Blue_Devil said:

Will the barriers come down?

No, They are part of the installation, that is what makes this so Charlotte.

Another 5-6 of these sorts of things along the rail trail would really make it a destination for Charlotte.

Edited by kermit
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, kermit said:

No, They are part of the installation, that is what makes this so Charlotte.

Another 5-6 of these sorts of things along the rail trail would really make it a destination for Charlotte.

Lol, I just didn't know if they were a barrier to prevent touching if the installation isn't permanent. 

Just now, Blue_Devil said:

Lol, I just didn't know if they were a barrier to prevent touching if the installation isn't permanent. 

Pretty sure its permanent, but all I know is what I read in the Ledger.

On 7/5/2020 at 10:37 PM, Hushpuppy321 said:

Designers were probably trying not to have a solid color along the building since this block is so long.  I think the different colors and patterns make it interesting to look at if not perfectly color matched.  I think it looks good and distinctive.

I can understand not one solid color but these are just blah. The outside just looks bland and faded. Color theory and basic sense would help. A lot, 

2 hours ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

Anyone know when The Hawk will open for leasing?

They are already taking reservations for units.  They have been for a few months. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, j-man said:

Image of planned SouthEnd Aloft Hotel coming to South Blvd. This image comes from jasonthomasclt on Instagram. 

B655808F-F3CB-4E0A-978F-C986B795DFFB.jpeg

I think The 80's are calling, they want their architecture back LOL

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, j-man said:

Image of planned SouthEnd Aloft Hotel coming to South Blvd. This image comes from jasonthomasclt on Instagram. 

B655808F-F3CB-4E0A-978F-C986B795DFFB.jpeg

The new Aloft hotel in Mooresville looks pretty cool with the tasteful neon lights.  Hopefully this one will be also.  I love the light show.  I’d be surprised though if they break ground anytime before next summer though.

• Thanks 1

On 8/1/2020 at 11:43 AM, norm21499 said:

I think The 80's are calling, they want their architecture back LOL

This is essentially the standard design for most Aloft Hotels these days. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Madison Parkitect said:

Aloft design aesthetic continues to astound. It's like their head designer is a 50-year-old who thinks he's 35 and thinks he's an expert on what's popular right now in Europe even though he hasn't been to Europe since he did a lot of coke there during grad school in the 90s. He also leases a Polaris Slingshot.

There has never been a more accurate description of a Polaris Slingshot driver (rider?) than this.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, nicholas said:

There has never been a more accurate description of a Polaris Slingshot driver (rider?) than this.

after googling Polaris Slingshot, I agree 100%

• Like 1