atlrvr

SouthEnd Midrise Projects

On 8/8/2020 at 2:43 PM, Blue_Devil said:

There were drill trucks at the honey Tulepo site today. Soil sampling? 

Yes - If they were drilling it’s for Soil Borings, Engineers need those to properly design Deep Foundations for all types of Structures.  

23 minutes ago, SouthEndCLT811 said:

Plans for Lidl are getting dusted off again according to today's Charlotte Ledger.  Any chance we'll see the site redesigned where parking will be behind a street front building? ?

https://charlotteledger.substack.com/p/the-vacation-home-market-is-bonkers

Getting the parking in the back or at least on the side is critical for this area feeling more walkable. South starts to feel like a highway through the Scaleybark stretch.

"It’s also proposing widening South Boulevard to install a southbound turn lane into the site."

A designated turning lane should have also been forced on the Chick-fil-A on South Blvd or a median installation to prevent left turns from the fast food crowd looking for their daily dose of fried food that just sit there for 5 minutes with their blinker on. I hope that wrong can be fixed some day.

Edited by CLT2014
  • Like 3

Monday-Saturday never drive in the left lane on South from Poindexter, I always think of that as a rookie move.  Probably 5 out of 6 times at least 1 person is going to be turning in to that Chick-fil-A :tw_grin:

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, SouthEndCLT811 said:

Plans for Lidl are getting dusted off again according to today's Charlotte Ledger.  Any chance we'll see the site redesigned where parking will be behind a street front building? ?

https://charlotteledger.substack.com/p/the-vacation-home-market-is-bonkers

I wish they would just sell this site, take their pile of profit and build further down south blvd. 

• Haha 1

I think the biggest reason why atm it’s crazy is because the are doing only drive thru because of Covid. It’s gone form crazy to even crazier because of that reason.  

Happy for this! I love Lidl. Their products are really good and very cheap. The store doesn’t have the most but your basic necessities are there. I’m glad this parcel is getting some life since Scaleybark is building up. 

• Like 2

On 7/2/2020 at 1:55 PM, gman430 said:

Crane city...

default.jpg

What's with this new building on the corner of Tryon and West?  The prominent corner at the main intersection of the lot is just a giant concrete slab wall of the parking garage.  Its so hidious and when I drive by it I question why it is like this?  So the office can be half a block closer to the light rail?  

Edit: looked at some of the rendering on their site. I guess the garage will be wrapped with apartments, but I can't imagine there is enough room on the side of West or Tryon for that? I guess it will look good from the other side but I wonder about the main street side.

image.png.b98b628b761b524db41c8523f804e0e8.png

Edited by t_money
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, t_money said:

What's with this new building on the corner of Tryon and West?  The prominent corner at the main intersection of the lot is just a giant concrete slab wall of the parking garage.  Its so hidious and when I drive by it I question why it is like this?  So the office can be half a block closer to the light rail?  

that parking deck will be wrapped with apartments as across  Tryon street is mainly residential save the first location of Bojangles ever. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, t_money said:

Edit: looked at some of the rendering on their site. I guess the garage will be wrapped with apartments, but I can't imagine there is enough room on the side of West or Tryon for that? I guess it will look good from the other side but I wonder about the main street side.

image.png.b98b628b761b524db41c8523f804e0e8.png

Its not because of the light rail, though honestly probably yes, but current zoning would keep something as tall as Square from being directly across from single family. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1