SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

CBJ on White Point Partners rezoning request for the Rosemont and  the former convenience store parcel at South and Kingston. White Point already owns the Artisan Station space adjacent to the rail.

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2020/09/14/white-point-partners-south-boulevard.html

Since its White Point I have high hopes that this will turn out better than Atherton.

Edited by kermit
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, kermit said:

CBJ on White Point Partners rezoning request for the Rosemont and  the former convenience store parcel at South and Kingston. White Point already owns the Artisan Station space adjacent to the rail.

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2020/09/14/white-point-partners-south-boulevard.html

Since its White Point I have high hopes that this will turn out better than Atherton.

Given the lot size there, 18,000sqft, I have a feeling this will be more than a mid-rise. 

2 hours ago, kermit said:

Are there any more details that can be provided? I can't read the article due to not having a subscription

• Like 1

On 9/14/2020 at 11:18 AM, Robbie Charlotte said:

White Point seeking to rezone to TOD-UC, the densest of the TOD zones adopted by Council last year.  It is a conventional rezoning request, so plans for the rezoning don't have to be submitted.  That's really the pith of the article.

Yeah this new development process means we're going to need the Agenda and RDF to step up their game to satiate Urban Planet's desire for information lol

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this would be the best topic to post this in. But does anyone know if there could be any infill in these loops off of 277 in Southend? A mid rise could work in these.

I know people have talked about maybe adding in a park or something before.

Screenshot_20201004-161259.thumb.png.6a57cb7cffb0dfa77dfba5aa13cdf80e.png

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Nick2 said:

Not sure if this would be the best topic to post this in. But does anyone know if there could be any infill in these loops off of 277 in Southend? A mid rise could work in these.

I know people have talked about maybe adding in a park or something before.

Screenshot_20201004-161259.thumb.png.6a57cb7cffb0dfa77dfba5aa13cdf80e.png

The loops would have to be removed for development to occur. I don't foresee that happening anytime soon as both are heavily used.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, CLT2014 said:

Maybe a cylinder building would work. The Hotel Angeleno is a cylinder in LA and shoved between an offramp, busy road that loops around it, and 12 lanes of interstate traffic. Build a cylinder on the 277 exit to South Blvd with the main entrance being off South. Retaining walls to level out the lot?

Hotel Angeleno | Air Canada Vacations

That's exactly what I was thinking! Something like that would be perfect.

• Like 1

Their tool rental has been pretty great, perfect time to open while everyone's at home..  The people working there said they've been open about 5 weeks, all the equipment is brand new.  Took advantage of rentals to install a new floor recently and have an aerator reservation for this week!

Edited by SouthEndCLT811
  • Like 2