SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

14 hours ago, KJHburg said:

^^ that is great and like you said it has been years.  I originally thought it was going to be their garden center or something but tool rental will do good intown like that.  

I went into that Lowes last night and their garden center consisted of mums and a few random other plants.  Hard to believe Dilworth cant support a huge garden center there but what do I know. 

On 10/6/2020 at 9:00 PM, KJHburg said:

these Marsh Properties apartments the Edge behind the Harris Teeter look great compared to most in Southend.  Of course it helps they have owned the land since the 1950s.  

IMG_4645.JPG

IMG_4646.JPG

IMG_4648.JPG

Yes!! I love these! They look well thought out but not just a crappy cheap recycled design. 

Edited by j-man
  • Like 3

New Brookhill denied, yet again, in another round of financing negotiations with the city’s LISC.  The Land-lease appears to be the hurdle.  Feds required the structures be torn down or refurbished by June of this year, but extended that to September.  143 units occupied.  Developer seems to say time has run out.  They’ll seek $13 million in financing gap from other sources but it seems they’re running out of options.

I’d love to find replacement housing for the residents there but I can’t wait for that property to be cleared of those low-slung structures.

2 hours ago, RANYC said:

New Brookhill denied, yet again, in another round of financing negotiations with the city’s LISC.  The Land-lease appears to be the hurdle.  Feds required the structures be torn down or refurbished by June of this year, but extended that to September.  143 units occupied.  Developer seems to say time has run out.  They’ll seek $13 million in financing gap from other sources but it seems they’re running out of options.

I’d love to find replacement housing for the residents there but I can’t wait for that property to be cleared of those low-slung structures.

Well, I don't believe they have run out of options, and they have private financing, its just they currently have no options of the amount of affordable they want to put on the land. They are going to build there, its just going to be a lot less affordable housing, which is a damn shame. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

Anyone know the breaking point between Mid-Rise and High-Rise?   Anyway - Would ‘The Hanover’ Residential project (Permitted up to 170’ Tall) on East Morehead and Euclid Ave just approved by Council be appropriate for a Southend Thread?  Or is that Dilworth?

0F88A5C9-A392-49DB-94D7-8739DE30D3E4.jpeg

link to any articles?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

Anyone know the breaking point between Mid-Rise and High-Rise?   Anyway - Would ‘The Hanover’ Residential project (Permitted up to 170’ Tall) on East Morehead and Euclid Ave just approved by Council be appropriate for a Southend Thread?  Or is that Dilworth?

It's funny it's on Morehead, because from just looking at the picture, before reading anything, I assumed this was either Broadstone Queen City, or Loft One35 :P

4 hours ago, Blue_Devil said:

link to any articles?

No - Not yet.  This was from the City of Charlotte Rezoning Requests for 2020.  This particular project was approved on this Monday Oct 19th.  I wouldn’t anticipate any ground breaking until sometime in 2021.  The Building will be 170’ Tall or very close to it making it approximately a 14 Story building with some Ground floor Commercial space is what it looks like from the photos.  I think the Zoning Petition said 350 Apartments.

4 minutes ago, SgtCampsalot said:

It's funny it's on Morehead, because from just looking at the picture, before reading anything, I assumed this was either Broadstone Queen City, or Loft One35 :P

So true.  I do like how more high rise (I guess this is High Rise) buildings are proliferating outside of the I-277 Loop

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

0F88A5C9-A392-49DB-94D7-8739DE30D3E4.jpeg

FYI here's the rendering that was posted a few months back in the Dilworth Projects Thread. 

image001.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...