SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

47 minutes ago, jjwilli said:

From The Ledger this morning:

“Cousins Properties bought four parcels (1,2,3,4) totaling 3.4 acres near the intersection of South Tryon and Bland streets for $28.1M. The land includes several surface lots as well as the building that contains Hot Taco and All American Pub. OK, if you haven’t heard of those, it’s the building that used to include the restaurant Greek Isles and, if you really have a long Charlotte memory, Jillian’s. A Cousins spokeswoman told The Ledger she had no comment on plans for the site.”

Any thoughts on if this mean a new tower on the horizon or just land banking for the future?

Interesting.  I don't like any of those restaurants, but I would still be annoyed if the buildings were demolished when there is a surface parking lot directly across the street.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, QClifer said:

Can’t believe nothing have been mentioned about the sale of the land at All American Pub, Slate, Hot Taco and the parking lot across Bland St for either 23 or 28million.    Anybody have a idea on what the plans are for the property? They’ll have a light rail stop at their front door 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2020 at 7:23 PM, KJHburg said:

this is great office and retail project and hope it fills up soon. at Tremont and S Tryon. 

last photo is the new home of Arrival across the street. 

2100 South Tryon - 83,00 s.f. of Class A office in South End - 2100 South Tryon (2100stryon.com)

IMG_9993.JPG

IMG_9994.JPG

IMG_9995.JPG

Not going to lie, I love the building Arrival is moving into.  I despise the look of 2100 S Tryon.  Please, someone teach me what to appreciate about it.

Not sure which thread this belongs in, but I just came across a Memphis thread for a billion-dollar downtown project there called "The Walk on Union," and wondered why nothing like it has been proposed for Uptown.  I mean, it's Memphis.

• 3 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Expect big things on this parcel that Cousins just bought at end of Dec.  Cousins does not have a habit of land banking but developing which means they feel like they have some anchor tenants for both their recent purchases:  the land across from the Railyard along Bland St and now this property along Doggett and W Tremont.   Again they like to build to suit with tenants signed. 

After RailYard deal, Cousins Properties buys more real estate in South End - Charlotte Business Journal (bizjournals.com)

so look for 2 Cousins properties being started or at least announced this year.  

That Tremont Property is a nice piece of property. Something really cool is going to go there I bet.

• Like 2

I would say the Bland St property could be for an existing company that is very nearby that site and mentioned before.

This Doggett and W Tremont property could be for another tenant new to town or is expanding here.  Quite a few fast growing companies in town and one of them has space in Cousins owned building that promised 1000 local jobs.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...