atlrvr

SouthEnd Midrise Projects

21 hours ago, The Real Clayton said:

I would imagine Morehead slowly densifies over the next 5 years.

as long as they preserve most of the willow oaks I am okay. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, The Real Clayton said:

I would imagine nature will take care of those. They are starting to near their ends.

Dilworth oaks are going quickly too

47 minutes ago, jjwilli said:

From The Ledger this morning:

“Cousins Properties bought four parcels (1,2,3,4) totaling 3.4 acres near the intersection of South Tryon and Bland streets for $28.1M. The land includes several surface lots as well as the building that contains Hot Taco and All American Pub. OK, if you haven’t heard of those, it’s the building that used to include the restaurant Greek Isles and, if you really have a long Charlotte memory, Jillian’s. A Cousins spokeswoman told The Ledger she had no comment on plans for the site.”

Any thoughts on if this mean a new tower on the horizon or just land banking for the future?

Interesting.  I don't like any of those restaurants, but I would still be annoyed if the buildings were demolished when there is a surface parking lot directly across the street.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CTiger said:

Interesting.  I don't like any of those restaurants, but I would still be annoyed if the buildings were demolished when there is a surface parking lot directly across the street.

I thought that land was bought too, and they were just doing soil sampling. 

17 hours ago, kermit said:

It’s gonna suck when Southend looks just like uptown.

"The South End Common Market building complex is just a couple buildings, nothing special about them. This is how cities evolve."

:dontknow:

5 minutes ago, DMann said:

Is that the old Fries & Shielly building?

Dunno, not a Clevelander. Its at 1433 Church and State Way. New construction based on streetview.

image.png.9b34a4afb378aa845eaca72740dfe50f.png

Can’t believe nothing have been mentioned about the sale of the land at All American Pub, Slate, Hot Taco and the parking lot across Bland St for either 23 or 28million.    Anybody have a idea on what the plans are for the property? They’ll have a light rail stop at their front door 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, QClifer said:

Can’t believe nothing have been mentioned about the sale of the land at All American Pub, Slate, Hot Taco and the parking lot across Bland St for either 23 or 28million.    Anybody have a idea on what the plans are for the property? They’ll have a light rail stop at their front door 

37 minutes ago, Blue_Devil said:

Can someone tell me if Cousins also owns the parking lot directly next to the Hot Taco? Or is that another company that was soil sampling there? 

that would be Cousins I think according to the way the parcels are lined. 

• Thanks 1