SouthEnd Midrise Projects

36 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

I wonder if Falfurius' investment into Carolina Foods accelerates them leaving South End to move to a new modern manufacturing plant?

This is the Honey Bun plant on the full block at West/Tryon/Hawkins/Worthington.

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2021/04/02/falfurrias-capital-investment-in-carolina-foods.html?cx_testId=40&cx_testVariant=cx_23&cx_artPos=1#cxrecs_s

Stanly County would make sense...  

• Like 1

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ClearSky has new pics of SouthEnd. https://photos.clearskyimages.com/2019-05-1812-s-blvd-charlotte-nc-hli    

Former ATLien here. (Also, this is my first post on UP after lurking for more than a year).  I lived in Atlanta my entire life. I spent the past 3 years living in both Midtown and along the Beltl

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Bikeguy said:

Stanly County would make sense...  

Carolina Foods operations will remain based in Charlotte. The business has multiple locations here totaling 240,000 square feet. It operates a 100,000-square-foot manufacturing facility in South End. Oken said that space is adequate for continuing to grow the company.

4 hours ago, atlrvr said:

I wonder if Falfurius' investment into Carolina Foods accelerates them leaving South End to move to a new modern manufacturing plant?

This is the Honey Bun plant on the full block at West/Tryon/Hawkins/Worthington.

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2021/04/02/falfurrias-capital-investment-in-carolina-foods.html?cx_testId=40&cx_testVariant=cx_23&cx_artPos=1#cxrecs_s

Girls be like "Im just thick" looking like 2 ton honey bun! But.. that's  not my business - Kermit The Frog Drinking Tea | Meme Generator:tw_blush:

Edited by rancenc
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Blue_Devil said:

Don't they own the land? They always have a line out the door, I image they aren't selling anytime soon. 

The owner of Prices is retirement age and sitting on one hell of a nice retirement property (4 parcels on the Chicken Coop property).  Sell the land, sell the name and spend the rest of your days counting your money.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Blue_Devil said:

Don't they own the land? They always have a line out the door, I image they aren't selling anytime soon. 

Apparently soil samples were being taken in Price's parking lot. Saw that somewhere on Twitter. I need to go back and find it.....

Edit: I found it 

Edited by norm21499
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, RANYC said:

Your generalizations about the activities of South End denizens aside, I think one could make an argument for prioritizing streetscape upgrades in SE over competing sidewalk needs in other areas of the city.

The case must first rest, however, on acknowledging and accepting South End as the southern region of our Central Business District ("CBD").  Typically, sidewalk problem or pedestrian impediments in a CBD get fixed asap, far faster than response times in the 'burbs.

Why? 

• Because CBDs are quite distinct in their density
  • CBDs are often major draws for concentrated sets of tourists/visitors to the city
  • CBDs are a key example of pedestrian priority zones, rare areas in our sunbelt city where pedestrian mobility actually takes priority over cars

Not saying this must happen tomorrow, but with the degree of CBD creep currently happening in South End, at some point we'll have a number of mid-to-high-rise and urban-style office and residential complexes, many of which install CBD-type adjacent streetscapes.  In order to create a contiguous pedestrian-prioritization infrastructure, we'll need to link the urban streetscape of these individual developments to create more of a unified environment.  

I agree with your assessment.  The City needs to get Sidewalks extended throughout Southend as soon as possible.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, atlrvr said:

I believe this is the real thing, based on how it was described to me previously, and this looks very much the style of the project's known architect S9 (out of NYC). 

At first glance I didn't really look at it, but looking at the details I like it a lot. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Blue_Devil said:

I like it, but I am assuming it is just a massing. 

lovely renderings.  Would love to see more of these go up all around center city, but especially in uptown.

• Like 2