SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

3 hours ago, jjwilli said:

Impressive the Dilworth Artisan Station rezoning went from this (parking lot conversion to green space):

image.thumb.png.5865cce7592e859beb42593f3eae4027.png

to this:

image.thumb.png.384d23a7313ac3ddac31866e4bf565ed.png

So looks like the Walgreens will be gone? This whole block is car-centric, so huge win to me if this gets redeveloped and preserves the older L-shaped building near the Rail Trail with the new mural.

Rezoning was approved for the project on Toomey Rd, next to Brookhill:

A petition by Toomey Avenue LLC, affiliated with Abacus Capital Partners, to allow up to 325 residential units and 61,000 square feet of commercial space on land that includes 2207 Toomey Ave. The petition sits squarely in a new commercial microdistrict Abacus and its joint venture partners are planning to create in the area. Abacus, FCP and Big Cypress Capital own 2213, 2218 and 2320 Toomey Ave. The approved rezoning includes the building at 2213 Toomey Ave.

Speakng of Brookhill, any updates there? 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Blue_Devil said:

What is the rezoning asking for? Any proposed massings?

It looks like they It's TOD-UC, but they want  a MUDD-O zoning to permit an internal drive-through for pharmacy pickup in a parking garage. Otherwise they will follow TOD-UC standards. Looks like a significant improvement for the site - keeping one historic building, adding green space, removing the alley and street front parking. Seems to me like it's worth having a drive through in there somewhere in exchange.     

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, slipperypete said:

It looks like they It's TOD-UC, but they want  a MUDD-O zoning to permit an internal drive-through for pharmacy pickup in a parking garage. Otherwise they will follow TOD-UC standards. Looks like a significant improvement for the site - keeping one historic building, adding green space, removing the alley and street front parking. Seems to me like it's worth having a drive through in there somewhere in exchange.     

IF they are asking for a drive through, to me it means the still have walgreens signed on as a retail tenant. 

• Like 2

The Burger King on the corner of South and Marsh has been closed for over a week now with their sign saying “Closed for repairs”….I have yet to see any trucks or activity.  I wonder if it’s because of employee shortage issues.  I always felt that if Chick Fil A was on that corner it would help the traffic issue there so much 

1 hour ago, Blue_Devil said:

IF they are asking for a drive through, to me it means the still have walgreens signed on as a retail tenant. 

During the zoning presentation last night it was said repeatedly that Walgreens wants to stay there but feels like they need a drive-through to be viable. It was alluded to that if the rezoning wasn't approved then the developer just wouldn't include the Walgreens parcel in the development and it would stay as a "suburban look" Walgreens.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Madison Parkitect said:

During the zoning presentation last night it was said repeatedly that Walgreens wants to stay there but feels like they need a drive-through to be viable. It was alluded to that if the rezoning wasn't approved then the developer just wouldn't include the Walgreens parcel in the development and it would stay as a "suburban look" Walgreens.

You would think, with the way the area was growing, Walgreens would be a bit more open to the idea of a place with out a drive through. Does that Walgreens even have a drive through as it is? That said, I can't imagine a drive through would be that hard to get added. 

7 minutes ago, Blue_Devil said:

You would think, with the way the area was growing, Walgreens would be a bit more open to the idea of a place with out a drive through. Does that Walgreens even have a drive through as it is? That said, I can't imagine a drive through would be that hard to get added. 

Yes, it has a drive through. The driveway for that creates another curb cut (total 3) and separates it from the rail trail with a big wall, and puts it in an island of driveway and parking. Hopefully this is approved and they can arrange it so that the drive through is fully internal to the parking structure. 

• Like 1

On the bottom floor of a parking garage I see no problem with a drive through and many people old and young alike get their prescriptions this way.  at least Walgreens is not leaving the area 

First Citizens bank has a drive through uptown in the bottom floor of the garage on S Church. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

On the bottom floor of a parking garage I see no problem with a drive through and many people old and young alike get their prescriptions this way.  at least Walgreens is not leaving the area 

First Citizens bank has a drive through uptown in the bottom floor of the garage on S Church. 

Drivethrough in midtown plaza too next to Trader Joes

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Yes Aspen Heights is famous for the Independent tower in Austin and they do condos and apartments.

Fully Integrated Real Estate Development | Aspen Heights Partners (ahpliving.com)

here is the Independent in Austin from Oct  to the right.  Lets hope they build tall! 

IMG_6277.JPG

I imagine they will build tall enough for the penthouse units or amenity space to be able to view into BofA Stadium...I imagine that would be at least 20 stories for that site visibility, maybe more.

• Like 1