SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

1 minute ago, Blue_Devil said:

Man, the Off Broadway spokes person sounded real salty about this force out. I wonder if this store is extremely high performing. 

The landlord is forcing them out in the middle of a lease, I'd say Off Broadway has every right to be salty.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Blue_Devil said:

Man, the Off Broadway spokes person sounded real salty about this force out. I wonder if this store is extremely high performing. 

I would say the store does really well and as their not much competiton anywhere nearby and lots of shoe wearers living nearby! 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

I would say the store does really well and as their not much competiton anywhere nearby and lots of shoe wearers living nearby! 

Perhaps the developer can include ground-floor retail in the apartment project and Off-Broadway can reopen the store in what will then be a mid-to-high-rise, mixed-use, South End development.   I never see many cars parked at the shore store at one time, anyway.  

Edited by RANYC
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Blue_Devil said:

I think I asked this question earlier, but when you say Midrise, are we talking 7-8 story stick built Texas donut, or 12-15 story? 

I honestly don't know.  It's not the biggest site, so possible there would be density, but you could still get 200-250 units in a 6 story project.  Zoning would all 12+ stories though "by right".

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kermit said:

I know projects don't happen instantly but this is just criminal. This is something that will help increase activity and livability in uptown.

image.png.f160fa82fd888e7bbcd018df91647867.png

Good grief - who's responsible for this?  Why do things move so slowly here - by design, to prevent rash action and mistakes?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, RANYC said:

Good grief - who's responsible for this?  Why do things move so slowly here - by design, to prevent rash action and mistakes?

When things are done not for profit, they take time. sometimes lots of time.

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

I heard rumors of this at the last UP meetup but forgot about it honestly.   Stream out of Dallas is prime time. 

show up for more meet ups ;-)

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

With this planned Tower and the Tower slated to break ground this year @ East\West Station, I wonder how this will slow any new Tower Developments in Uptown?  South End is definitely hot right now. 

Don't Forget CVS Tower and the 12 story one going up on South near uptown. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, norm21499 said:

This new building will be around a mile South of the cluster of high rises currently being built in South End? It is still crazy to me that high rises of 20 floors might be built so far south of Uptown

Sycamore is .6 miles, and the Off Broadway location might get a tall midrise apartment on it. So the gap between the two won't be that big, and will fill quickly I am sure. A lot of old warehouse space next to this new project, and in between here and East/West. 

• Like 4

Just a recap of towers NOT started yet in Southend:  new high rise at Suffolk Punch, the Walgreens (south and east blvd) apartment tower and separate office tower,  110 East office tower by Stiles,  mystery Cousins project across from Railyard office building and apartments,  2nd mystery office development by Cousins on W Tremont,  Loso station office towers 8-20 stories range and the Fallon tower on S Blvd.  Centre South. 

Missing anything let me know.  

Not to mention the at least 4 apartment towers along E Morehead and oh yeah the Medical school 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, norm21499 said:

This new building will be around a mile South of the cluster of high rises currently being built in South End? It is still crazy to me that high rises of 20 floors might be built so far south of Uptown

This trend actually makes me think it'll be more likely that the planned Office Component at Scaleybark Station may also be in the 15 to 20 Story Range once that's developed which may be much later than anticipated with so much Office High Rise planned for Downtown (Oops - South End)

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

This trend actually makes me think it'll be more likely that the planned Office Component at Scaleybark Station may also be in the 15 to 20 Story Range once that's developed which may be much later than anticipated with so much Office High Rise planned for Downtown (Oops - South End)

We may need to start a SouthEnd High Rise Page next year to keep track.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Just a recap of towers NOT started yet in Southend:  new high rise at Suffolk Punch, the Walgreens (south and east blvd) apartment tower and separate office tower,  110 East office tower by Stiles,  mystery Cousins project across from Railyard office building and apartments,  2nd mystery office development by Cousins on W Tremont,  Loso station office towers 8-20 stories range and the Fallon tower on S Blvd.  Centre South. 

Missing anything let me know.  

Not to mention the at least 4 apartment towers along E Morehead and oh yeah the Medical school 

Stile East/West tower is going to eventually have a second tower as well, Apartments. 

• Like 3