SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

8 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Look for tall apartment tower by Greystar here at what I call the Walgreens site at South and East Blvds.  Rezoning approved/ 

""Among them: an ambitious mixed-use development proposed by White Point Partners at South and East boulevards and Kingston Avenue in South End. The project, which includes parcels recently purchased by Greystar, is entitled under the new zoning to allow mixed-use development. White Point and Greystar are expected to serve as partners on a residential project on a portion of the South End site. The full 3.5-acre site rezoning on Monday would allow up to 325 apartments, 365,000 square feet of office space and 28,000 square feet of retail across the entire block. The Walgreens on site is expected to relocate to the ground floor of the planned new development, with a drive-thru within a new parking deck.  Dilworth Artisan Station, which is on a portion of the site, will remain as is.""

"28,000 square feet of retail across the entire block."

Tell me if I'm misinterpreting this language, but I'm reading that to mean that ground level retail will occupy 28,000 square feet.  And if each floor  is 28,000 square feet and there is 365,000 square feet of office space, then that's about 13 floors of office.  Then  the 325 apartments:  If the average apartment is 1000 square feet then that's 325,000 square feet of residential, or another 12 floors.  So about 26 stories total and very girthy.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JacksonH said:

Tell me if I'm misinterpreting this language, but I'm reading that to mean that ground level retail will occupy 28,000 square feet.  And if each floor  is 28,000 square feet and there is 365,000 square feet of office space, then that's about 13 floors of office.  Then  the 325 apartments:  If the average apartment is 1000 square feet then that's 325,000 square feet of residential, or another 12 floors.  So about 26 stories total and very girthy.

It will be one THICCC building

8 hours ago, JacksonH said:

I think this is supposed to be 2 towers. I don't think you are wrong on heights though, it will just be two thinner towers on podium parking, in a L'ish shape if going by the zoning request means anything, 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, JacksonH said:

I’m assuming each floor will be a lot more than 28,000 if the ground floor would have 28,000 alone in retail. I get the rough estimate but think about lobby, and dead space like parking garage entrance/exit. That would mean if the ground floor has all of that then each floor would be well over that estimate of 28,000. 

Edited by j-man
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Prodev said:

It's two buildings. Greystar apartment building will be first on the ~1 ac where Rosemont was and where ABW never went. 24-story tower with Walgreens on the ground floor, so 12-15k SF. Once Wags moves into the finished resi building, an office tower is supposed to replace the existing single story building. The office will have it's own parking, so it'll be tall, although I don't have a height on that one.

This Site is Zoned TOD-UC the highest density TOD  designation so the By-Right Max Height is 200' up to 300' with some bonus right? 

8 hours ago, Prodev said:

It's two buildings. Greystar apartment building will be first on the ~1 ac where Rosemont was and where ABW never went. 24-story tower with Walgreens on the ground floor, so 12-15k SF. Once Wags moves into the finished resi building, an office tower is supposed to replace the existing single story building. The office will have it's own parking, so it'll be tall, although I don't have a height on that one.

Any idea of whether the trees lining South Blvd in front of both Walgreens and Rosemont will be cut down during construction?