SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

8 minutes ago, norm21499 said:

I wouldn't miss the Midnight Diner if it closed....

Uptown cab patrons would lol. Speaking of which, that place's days are probably dwindling too. When that whole area is inevitably redeveloped, I wonder if that get rid of that cut through street (College St) zig zag that cuts between uptown cab and mid night diner. You’d be able to do a lot more with that block without that awkward cut through. 

On 7/20/2021 at 8:34 AM, KJHburg said:

New food hall coming to Southend so says Clayton Sealey in this article.

Scoop: New food hall coming to West Tremont area in South End - Axios Charlotte

Exciting. I will say one complaint I have about Charlotte, and particularly the dense urban core is that the only real "food courts" cater to the office workers, restaurant clusters and food courts such as Optimist Hall are and will be the future of food in dense, but still largely car centric cities. 

25 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

This is the building site next the world HQ of Krispy Kreme on Hawkins and it looks like soil testing for I guess the new 17 story mixed use tower planned there (hotel and office)  

Go on...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1