SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

On 7/31/2021 at 10:21 PM, Robbie Charlotte said:

Are you saying that because the general trend will lead to taller, or do you have details on a specific project that will be announced?  As for the new taller outside of the 277 loop - well that could be the Spandrel/Atalaya residential project on Morehead, no?

I believe these residential buildings off Morehead were reportedly in the 20 to 24 Story category which would typically place them in the 240 to 290' Height Range so they wouldn't be taller than Lowes Tech Center 

• Like 1

https://www.globest.com/2020/04/27/akridge-kettler-partner-to-develop-apartment-in-charlottes-south-end/

Here's the rendering for this project, which is called Hawkins Press.

Currently in the building permit stage.

418 units....oddly no retail unless something's changed recently, which seems like a big miss here with the density.

Architect is BB&M and I like the design overall (i'm usually not one to get hung up on a project by project nit-pick on the retail side, but here i just don't get it, especially since I believe the first 2 floors are concrete structure)

Rendering

dunavant.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

Again - Anyone gonna start a SouthEnd\Dilworth High Rise Thread?  Also - What is considered to be a 'High Rise' in Charlotte...?

If it is tall enough it  the tall building can get its own thread like we did with Lowes,  Stiles tower etc.    and I predict we will have some new project specific threads soon. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

Well, this showed up today.

https://aca-prod.accela.com/CHARLOTTE/Cap/CapDetail.aspx?Module=LandDevelopment&TabName=LandDevelopment&capID1=21LDR&capID2=00000&capID3=00234&agencyCode=CHARLOTTE&IsToShowInspection=

1111 N Tryon is the listed address, but that would be a weird location based on who filed the meeting request.

https://riversideid.com/team/james-anderson

He looks like he doesn't mess around with anything less than 30 stories.......maybe 1111 S Tryon?  That parcel is ready to go!

I'm sorry, what are we looking at?  This is a meeting request for...

42 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

Well, this showed up today.

https://aca-prod.accela.com/CHARLOTTE/Cap/CapDetail.aspx?Module=LandDevelopment&TabName=LandDevelopment&capID1=21LDR&capID2=00000&capID3=00234&agencyCode=CHARLOTTE&IsToShowInspection=

1111 N Tryon is the listed address, but that would be a weird location based on who filed the meeting request.

https://riversideid.com/team/james-anderson

He looks like he doesn't mess around with anything less than 30 stories.......maybe 1111 S Tryon?  That parcel is ready to go!

I have heard of this company and have heard it connected to Charlotte and they only build big and tall but not connected to that parcel.  Yes this interesting about that address but maybe head SOUTH on Tryon me thinks but what do I know.   Hmmm wonder if the N on N Tryon should be a S.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NCMike1990 said:

It has to be a typo. If you look at the bottom of the page under the project description it says "1111 S Tryon".

What's the role of a Real Estate investment firm like Riverside, at this point?  Project managing a development?  Lining up financing for a development?  Or working with a land owner to square away zoning and to set pricing for a property before going out and marketing it to potential buyers?  Just wondering how close we really are to seeing something come out of the ground here.

Edited by RANYC

think BIG here big mixed use (of course my wild speculation mostly).  New tallest outside the loop  did I type that?  I need a Krispy Kreme doughnut stat!

Fact this developer Riverside just built a building for Bank of America in Chicago fact.

Portfolio — Riverside Investment & Development (riversideid.com)

Bank of America has leased 500K sq ft there in 110 Wacker. 

Law Firm Row: 110 North Wacker Inks Lease With Yet Another Legal Firm — Riverside Investment & Development (riversideid.com)

Friday afternoon when I am heading out of town of course it drops!

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, RANYC said:

What's the role of a Real Estate investment firm like Riverside, at this point?  Project managing a development?  Lining up financing for a development?  Or working with a land owner to square away zoning and to set pricing for a property before going out and marketing it to potential buyers?  Just wondering how close we really are to seeing something come out of the ground here.

they develop big tall buildings 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, atlrvr said:

Riverside is an end-to-end developer.  They are one of the largest office developers in Chicago.  The would acquire the land, due all the due diligence of land entitlements, hire the architects, find an equity partner, find debt financing, hire the contractor, market and sign leases to tenant (though I suspect they would already have one lined up if they are trying to break into a new market) and be an equity partner all the way through completion.....they would then likely sell it to an investor but keep a small stake in it.  Riverside is legit....

They stated last year they were looking at Denver, Charlotte and Nashville.  Shortly after, this was announced in Denver.

https://riversideid.com/news/developer-behind-chicago-skyscrapers-proposes-30-story-office-project-in-denver

Thank you.