SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

1 hour ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

What are the chances the parking deck and spectrum building site get redeveloped someday? 

You might be on to something…I was digging through clear sky the other day and saw the Spectrum and Morehead St. Tavern parcels have a gallery. Edit, this gallery also features the Morehead storefronts down by Mint.

https://photos.clearskyimages.com/2020-09-219-w-morehead-charlotte-nc-hli

Edited by CLTNative
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

Great news about the midnight diner/Uptown cab lots.  What are the chances the parking deck and spectrum building site get redeveloped someday?  I know the deck probably serves that office building (WSP) but they could redesign that lot.  Those are super prime lots right off the Carson light rail station.

RDF drew up a fun rending a long time ago of  making that circular off ramp from 277 to college st a park.  Think that's a fantastic idea and it could have direct access to the rail trail.  Green space is so limited in south end and this would be a great place to hangout or take your dog.  The way Morehead st is about to explode, we need more green/park space.

I thought the same thing. Great location in the true center of South End, Uptown and Morehead/ Wake. It wouldn't shock me to see that on the chopping block. From my somewhat surface level broadband knowledge, most of the infrastructure in that building has already become obsolete. 

16 hours ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

Great news about the midnight diner/Uptown cab lots.  What are the chances the parking deck and spectrum building site get redeveloped someday?  I know the deck probably serves that office building (WSP) but they could redesign that lot.  Those are super prime lots right off the Carson light rail station.

That lot is UMUD, as everyone will soon learn nothing is sacred on Morehead from 77 all the way to Kings. I would imagine that office building is gone within a few years, that's lot is worth its weight in gold for high density development

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TheRealClayton said:

That lot is UMUD, as everyone will soon learn nothing is sacred on Morehead from 77 all the way to Kings. I would imagine that office building is gone within a few years, that's lot is worth its weight in gold for high density development

Didn't Spectrum resin their office building sometime within the past decade? The time frame is a blur.

4 hours ago, TheRealClayton said:

I would hope the churches, the Morehead Inn, the Woman’s Club building and The Addison would be protected at the least. And the Mayes House will be preserved as part of that brewery. That leaves quite a lot for development 

Edit: The med school should buy the woman’s club building and make it an event space or welcome center

Edited by Guest

49 minutes ago, MothBeast said:

I would hope the churches, the Morehead Inn, the Woman’s Club building and The Addison would be protected at the least. And the Mayes House will be preserved as part of that brewery. That leaves quite a lot for development 

Edit: The med school should buy the woman’s club building and make it an event space or welcome center

Is that the building next to Dilworth Neighborhood Grille?  If so, that's Mrs. Howard, a very high-end interior furnishings store.  It's beautiful outside and stunning inside.  I would absolutely advocate for keeping that intact.

http://www.mrshoward.com/Mrs-Howard

• Like 2

On 8/6/2021 at 5:02 PM, atlrvr said:

Riverside is an end-to-end developer.  They are one of the largest office developers in Chicago.  The would acquire the land, due all the due diligence of land entitlements, hire the architects, find an equity partner, find debt financing, hire the contractor, market and sign leases to tenant (though I suspect they would already have one lined up if they are trying to break into a new market) and be an equity partner all the way through completion.....they would then likely sell it to an investor but keep a small stake in it.  Riverside is legit....

They stated last year they were looking at Denver, Charlotte and Nashville.  Shortly after, this was announced in Denver.

https://riversideid.com/news/developer-behind-chicago-skyscrapers-proposes-30-story-office-project-in-denver

I would think the Truist Tech hub would be a more local developer and inside 277, but I would bet that is still bouncing around...

25 minutes ago, DMann said:

Tryon or College?

It would be part of the Library project.  

My extremely hot take with no basis in reality. As Lowe's continues to take market share and grow, they want more talent. They know their suburban location does them no favors, and they want to be closer to Honeywell and the satellite offices of Honeywell suppliers who also work with Lowes. So they move their HQ to South End.  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Blue_Devil said:

My extremely hot take with no basis in reality. As Lowe's continues to take market share and grow, they want more talent. They know their suburban location does them no favors, and they want to be closer to Honeywell and the satellite offices of Honeywell suppliers who also work with Lowes. So they move their HQ to South End.  

They're at about 750k square feet right now, I think, so they could fit into it. I know in the past they've been really happy with their Moorseville campus and I'd bet they're not looking for young urban talent to fill most of their HQ positions, but maybe the new CEO is wanting to go in a different direction. I'd be surprised if it was them but logistically it's possible.

On 8/6/2021 at 3:45 PM, atlrvr said:

Well, this showed up today.

https://aca-prod.accela.com/CHARLOTTE/Cap/CapDetail.aspx?Module=LandDevelopment&TabName=LandDevelopment&capID1=21LDR&capID2=00000&capID3=00234&agencyCode=CHARLOTTE&IsToShowInspection=

1111 N Tryon is the listed address, but that would be a weird location based on who filed the meeting request.

https://riversideid.com/team/james-anderson

He looks like he doesn't mess around with anything less than 30 stories.......maybe 1111 S Tryon?  That parcel is ready to go!

any updates on plans filed? 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, KJHburg said:

I have always liked the Ashton which once along with the pink Arlington was of the 2 high rises in Southend.  Of course no more and many more to come! Hanover Company out of Houston built this Texas sized apartment tower when no one else would.  Now it is one of many towers.  Here is a hats off to the OG of the SE Photos 1-2

New office building at Tremont and S Tryon I think this is a great building hope they find a tenant soon. 

New steel framing! at the Toll Brothers luxury townhome development on W Tremont  photos 4-5  townhomes from $570s

New luxury condos in Wilmore and yes these are for sale from upper 600s! 

IMG_0482.JPG

I thought this building was where Arrival was going? 

12 story senior living has broken ground
the site on the same block with the ~12-14 story luxury "regular" apartments by Hanover has been cleared, and that project should begin in the next few months

i thought i saw work happening at the brewery site like 1.5 weeks ago, but i might be wrong.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

12 story senior living has broken ground
the site on the same block with the ~12-14 story luxury "regular" apartments by Hanover has been cleared, and that project should begin in the next few months

i thought i saw work happening at the brewery site like 1.5 weeks ago, but i might be wrong.

The 5 year change on Morehead will be more dramatic then South Ends... Especially with the Med School.

• Like 1