SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

22 hours ago, MothBeast said:

There are two buildings there that need to be preserved in my opinion. The largest building and the parking lots should provide more than enough space for a project.

edit: is there anyway to find the age of a building? Loopnet and GIS were no help. I’m certain the middle building is quite old but the pub building may just appear so. Either way the pub building is iconic looking and I think should stay.

The middle building was built in 1903 and has a Landmarks Commission page. The pub and office condo building surrounding it are each much newer (1989 and 2002, respectively). 

• Like 1

Hanover Co, the Houston developer behind The Ashton (11-story OG high rise in South End on Tremont)   and the new ~14 story apartments just breaking ground on Morehead at Euclid, is planning another mid-rise project.

This one on S Tryon between that street and Distribution St at the intersection of Rampart.  Roughly 2301 S Tryon and 2300 Distribution.

No details other than I expect it to be concrete mid-rise, but that part's just a guess based on their existng portfolio.

• Like 4

Hanover Co, the Houston developer behind The Ashton (11-story OG high rise in South End on Tremont)   and the new ~14 story apartments just breaking ground on Morehead at Euclid, is planning another mid-rise project.
This one on S Tryon between that street and Distribution St at the intersection of Rampart.  Roughly 2301 S Tryon and 2300 Distribution.
No details other than I expect it to be concrete mid-rise, but that part's just a guess based on their existng portfolio.

I think you mean Dunavant, not Rampart. Rampart is one block north.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, atl2clt said:

Tyber Creek is a gross and smelly bar. The music is loud, the drinks are mediocre and it's often full of obnoxious drunk people who venture across South Blvd to end the night.

You say that like it isn't the main appeal of Tyber Creek :tw_joy:  Also, your point about there not being any bars that stay open until 2AM in Southend is pretty remarkable.  Even in my crappy little hometown of 20k people, the bars are open until 2.  Seems like the core neighborhood for 20-somethings should be able to support more bars that stay open late.