SouthEnd Midrise Projects

atlrvr

29 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

This project I don't think has been on the radar (at least I've seen no mention of it) but Alliance Residential is planning a project called Broadstone Southline at 3119 to 3215 (the 5 adjacent properties currently as warehouses north of the long vacant Lidl site)

Architect is Cline Design.  That's all I got.

Interesting Alliance would plan 2 projects in such close proximity.  They are also the developer of apartments for the Off Broadways shoes site a few block north and across South.

That is awesome. Hopefully some retail there, but not the wort thing if there isn't in that location. What really needs to happen is the Lidl needs to get built. That area needs a walkable grocery store. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, KJHburg said:

I have heard rumors of something rising there a high rise too.  

There are two buildings there that need to be preserved in my opinion. The largest building and the parking lots should provide more than enough space for a project.

edit: is there anyway to find the age of a building? Loopnet and GIS were no help. I’m certain the middle building is quite old but the pub building may just appear so. Either way the pub building is iconic looking and I think should stay.

Edited by MothBeast
  • Like 1

Demo permit filed for middle building (old one).  Preemptive filing, as HDC can enforce 365 day stay of demolition, given it has some sort of status (that block is outside the Historic District).

I assume that means plans for mid-rise there probably ~1 year off.

• Like 2

I haven't seen plans, but I think it's supposed L around from H&H automotive to the Richa back at Cleveland.  Since the hotel site is getting rezoned to allow any use maybe the entire block is now part of the project.

Regardless, I think you can use the grade to put 2 floors of parking below South Blvd (but above Cleveland).

Are you talking about the brick building facing South?  That is the Leeper Grocery, the store that served the mill families for the Tompkins Mill across the street. It has a historic description sign on the pole by the sidewalk in front of the building. It was the Carafe when I was a young wanderer. Beer (no alcohol by the drink yet) and a gravel parking area next to it where Tyber Creek is now. 

Foosball, air hockey downstairs and Seeburg or Rock-ola upstairs; creaky wooden floors, high ceiling, the historic scent of many sweaty men and women from the past in the air.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, MothBeast said:

There are two buildings there that need to be preserved in my opinion. The largest building and the parking lots should provide more than enough space for a project.

edit: is there anyway to find the age of a building? Loopnet and GIS were no help. I’m certain the middle building is quite old but the pub building may just appear so. Either way the pub building is iconic looking and I think should stay.

The middle building was built in 1903 and has a Landmarks Commission page. The pub and office condo building surrounding it are each much newer (1989 and 2002, respectively). 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, atlrvr said:

Yes and yes.

I am a pretty big proponent of build all the things.... I don't even mind the 110 East tower, even though I think it could be better. However, selfishly, I go to Tyber Creek frequently, and I do not want it to go. ITs a nice little hangout spot. Blehhhhhh

Hanover Co, the Houston developer behind The Ashton (11-story OG high rise in South End on Tremont)   and the new ~14 story apartments just breaking ground on Morehead at Euclid, is planning another mid-rise project.

This one on S Tryon between that street and Distribution St at the intersection of Rampart.  Roughly 2301 S Tryon and 2300 Distribution.

No details other than I expect it to be concrete mid-rise, but that part's just a guess based on their existng portfolio.

• Like 4